Everyday Watch help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Everyday Watch help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Everyday Watch help

The watch bug has bitten me pretty hard and I'm looking for another piece, AGAIN!. I'm sure many of you suffer from the same affliction I have. So here's the break down of what I currently own.

1. Tag Links quartz chrono black dial (first over 1000.00 watch).
    2. Omega Planet Ocean SS cerca 2011 black dial. (current daily watch)
    3. Grand Seiko Snow Flake. (using as my dress watch.)
    4. Omega Speedy 57' Broad arrow (newest watch in the collection.)

What my requirements are for my new piece.

1. I'm looking for a new everyday watch that's pretty good for everything from work, weekends, holidays/vacation.
    2. I'm looking for something that is very simple, so no complication (maybe date feature).
    3. Something that if I bang up will add character vs. being a glaring imperfection. For example I feel the Rolex explore / OP39 looks better with wear vs be completely mint.
    4. Perfect a silver or white dial. Seeing as I have my Omega Planet Ocean if I'm need a black face.
    5. On a bracelet
    6. And of course a great brand.

What I'm currently looking at that I would love your guys thoughts.

1. Omega Railmaster non-LE 2017 . Love the fully brush SS case and that heavily brushed dial looks amazing.
    2. Omega Globemaster SS.
    3. Rolex OP39 in white 2018. Not a huge Rolex fan, but OP39 and the Explore/Explore II are the only exception.
    4. JLC Master Controller 2018. I know it doesn't come with a bracelet, but dial looks amazing and it's a JLC.

If I miss any watches that might be good please let me know and let me know which of the 4 everyone prefers.

Thanks for the help

Re: Everyday Watch help

Rolex Explorer II with a white dial - it's a quality piece, albeit a bit bigger than what you wanted (OP39) but quite versatile. It has the Rolex quality that people rave about. My other fave that I remembered tonight is the Tudor Pelagos. Wears beautifully, extremely versatile, will take scars well. Only thing is the black dial, unless you go for the blue one of course..
    imaCoolRobot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTuned View Post
    Rolex Explorer II with a white dial - it's a quality piece, albeit a bit bigger than what you wanted (OP39) but quite versatile. It has the Rolex quality that people rave about. My other fave that I remembered tonight is the Tudor Pelagos. Wears beautifully, extremely versatile, will take scars well. Only thing is the black dial, unless you go for the blue one of course..

Thanks GTuned. I looked into the Explorer II I really like it, but it's a little out of my price range. I was hoping to stay south of 6 grand. As for the Pelagos love the look of the watch but it's HUGE. I love most of the Black Bay but they wear too big for my taste. Hoping they make a 58 GMT in the coming years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GTuned View Post

Thanks GTuned. I looked into the Explorer II I really like it, but it's a little out of my price range. I was hoping to stay south of 6 grand. As for the Pelagos love the look of the watch but it's HUGE. I love most of the Black Bay but they wear too big for my taste. Hoping they make a 58 GMT in the coming years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tribain View Post
    I can understand the size issue, but if you have a chance, try on a Pelagos again; it is roughly the same size as the Explorer II. It also wears very light and has a lovely balance to it (bracelet and case are well balanced with each other).

"How big a boy are ya?"

The Railmaster is a solid choice if you really like the look and if it's not too big. I decided that it was too large for my 6.75" wrist - for that style of watch, anyway.

OP39 is pretty sweet. I'm partial to the Explorer, and love the 36mm size on me.

- - - Updated - - -

"How big a boy are ya?"

The Railmaster is a solid choice if you really like the look and if it's not too big. I decided that it was too large for my 6.75" wrist - for that style of watch, anyway.

OP39 is pretty sweet. I'm partial to the Explorer, and love the 36mm size on me.
    IG: watchtimepassby

I also echo the Pelagos. If you can wear the PO, it should be no problem. The titanium makes it an easy everyday wear and the bracelet is fantastic. I'm a little biased tho, since I just got mine recently. It is larger than I typically wear, but it really is that good. My wrist size is 7 1/4" btw. Good luck!

Railmaster or OP if it were me. Classic styles that as you point out, look fantastic and complete with a little wear

Banned

Interested to see where this goes. Currently on the same hunt, and right now I'm torn between the two current Railmasters.

All of your choices are fine. As an alternative, Timeless has a GS SBGM025 listed for sale here.

Name:  GS SBGM025.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  43.2 KB

It's a great looking piece, and not one you see very often.

Panerai PAM722
    Rolex Datejust II, and Submariner SS no-date; Panerai 000, 328, 352, 1024; IWC 3777; Zenith El Primero; Seiko PADI Turtle and 007

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information