​Evil scenario...
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: ​Evil scenario...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

​Evil scenario...

Evil scenario: You are given a choice.

Either:
    1. All of your watches disappear, never to be seen (bought) again - except for one which you may choose.
    Or,
    2. You get to keep all your watches, except the one that is most important to you - that one disappears, never to be seen (or bought) again.

In addition, monetary value can have nothing whatever to do with your choice. Imagine a world (if this isn't too painful) where no watch has any resale value at all.

So, are you going for scenario 1 or scenario 2 (and let's see some pictures of what you are giving up, and what you are keeping)... I'll start.

I'm going with scenario 2. That means I lose my original grail watch. I lusted after this for more than a year, it set me on the path to a watch box chock full of lovelies but it came first and so it is special. But I can't get rid of all the rest - special yes, that special, no!

I get to keep this lot:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 20.18.07.png
Views: 100
Size:  1.69 MB

But it's bye bye to my Junghans Chronoscope:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 20.18.42.png
Views: 93
Size:  806.5 KB

Re: ​Evil scenario...

I’m going with scenario 1 and keeping the Tudor BB58 my wife got me for my 40th birthday. It’s the closest I have to a perfect daily wearer. Goodbye all my old Seikos though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Calumets and Cpt Canuck like this.

Doesn't include all the watches but doesn't matter, I'd keep the Lange and regretfully part with everything else . . . good thing this is make believe
    Attached Images Attached Images

A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Doesn't include all the watches but doesn't matter, I'd keep the Lange and regretfully part with everything else . . . good thing this is make believe
    Whoa, are you holding back and hiding the blue dial sub?:)
    vkalia and drhr like this.

Too evil. NOT PLAYING.
    Hope I don't have nightmares tonight.
    ;)
    Calumets and Dpeukert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    Whoa, are you holding back and hiding the blue dial sub?:)
    Nah, that was an old pic of a gathering of pieces though the blue Sub is really gone . . . the one constant is/has been the Lange Moon Phase (well, and the FF's and the 2 Reverso's of course) . . . good eye/memory bird

Calumets likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

​Evil scenario...

In a panic I’d run to Bob’s Watches and pickup a Coke bezel 16710. It may turn out to be the wrong choice, but being boxed into a corner I gotta know.

If Bob was out to lunch I guess I’d drop by drhr’s place and see if he had a Royal Oak lying around...but...choosing beggars and all...not before chastising him for opting for the grey dial Yatchmaster instead of blue (which would have been my first choice).
    Last edited by ljb187; August 3rd, 2019 at 03:38.
    Calumets, vkalia and drhr like this.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

I'd keep my Flying Scotsman and let the rest go--what does anyone really need more than one watch for, anyway?

Calumets and Suds like this.

Option 1. My fathers Seiko is the only irreplaceable watch I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tohono Rat and Calumets like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    In a panic I’d run to Bob’s Watches and pickup a Coke bezel 16710. It may turn out to be the wrong choice, but being boxed into a corner I gotta know.

If Bob was out to lunch I guess I’d drop by drhr’s place and see if he had a Royal Oak lying around...but...choosing beggars and all...not before chastising him for opting for the grey dial Yatchmaster instead of blue (which would have been my first choice).
    Ha, just goes to show that Rolex knows to make 'em in different colors so as to please all . . .
    Calumets and ljb187 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information