The Evils of Ebay.... (Opinion)

Thread: The Evils of Ebay.... (Opinion)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Evils of Ebay.... (Opinion)

I was browsing on ebay this morning and found some Tissots I thought looked fair, but I'm about worried they might be fake due to the fact they are all shipping from China. I'll include some links below as examples. I saw TONS for this style of watch and many for around 30 - 40 dollars on the bidding, and many "buy nows" for about half of what they are going for on amazon. I know Tissots aren't EXPENSIVE watches by definition but this seems awfully low in comparison to me? Not to mention China tends to have a reputation with watch replicas an knock offs. Any thoughts?

TISSOT² Men's PRC 200 Chronograph Watch T17.1.586.52 - eBay (item 120663161509 end time Dec-25-10 00:22:13 PST)

NEW TISSOT
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost....

Re: The Evils of Ebay.... (Opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by travisdrone View Post
    I was browsing on ebay this morning and found some Tissots I thought looked fair, but I'm about worried they might be fake due to the fact they are all shipping from China. I'll include some links below as examples. I saw TONS for this style of watch and many for around 30 - 40 dollars on the bidding, and many "buy nows" for about half of what they are going for on amazon. I know Tissots aren't EXPENSIVE watches by definition but this seems awfully low in comparison to me? Not to mention China tends to have a reputation with watch replicas an knock offs. Any thoughts?

TISSOT² Men's PRC 200 Chronograph Watch T17.1.586.52 - eBay (item 120663161509 end time Dec-25-10 00:22:13 PST)

NEW TISSOT
    Don't get carried away bashing Ebay - it's just another sales venue and is not inherently evil or pure. As with any other consumer purchase you should buy the seller before buying the item. And you should not be tempted by deals that are too good to be true. I suspect that the watches you found fail both tests.

Because of the difficulty in determining where a vested interest might occur it is not a good idea to link to live auctions on this forum.
    Last edited by John MS; December 22nd, 2010 at 18:48.

Seller looks pretty sketch (Hello Kitty reusable shopping bags - really?!?! - no watches sold before).

Could easily be a knockoff. The listing never guarantees authenticity.

OTOH could simply be grey market watches (no U.S. warranty).

If you want cheap and don't care about a warranty ask the seller if they guarantee the watch to be authentic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There have been lots of threads here discussing the value PRC 200's from China on Ebay.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

One does not simply walk into Ebay. There is EVIL there that does not sleep...

i agree with you, and certainly am not trying to cast dark shadows on ebay, I have bought many of my watches on there. for good prices and gotten great deals, I just wondered if those particular auctions, seemed as sketchy to others as they did to me. Thanks for your opinions
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost....

v76

... you know what I am talking about ... you have all felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    One does not simply to Ebay.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    Very few if any of us have walked into Ebay. Most of us just use a computer, the net and the common sense they were born with.

Quote Originally Posted by v76 View Post
    ... you know what I am talking about ... you have all felt it.
    The great eye is ever watchful! It is a barren wasteland!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Very few if any of us have walked into Ebay. Most of us just use a computer, the net and the common sense they were born with.
    If we all were born with common sense, there wouldn't be so many threads asking about authenticity of a watch that's an obvious fake and there wouldn't be so many counterfeiters ready to take advantage of the less than astute. These Tissot fakes can be pretty good ones, and the OP should go to the Tissot Forum here and search "PRC 200" to find threads talking about that specific watch. There are also several helpful threads that are stickied at the top of the forum, one being this: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f62/how...ot-234250.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information