Experience with Miyota 8215

Thread: Experience with Miyota 8215

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Experience with Miyota 8215

Can anyone who has owned a Miyota 8215 powered watch comment on this movement accuracy? Is it known to be highly irregular? I have a watch that runs on Miyota 8215 and it's extremely erratic. It can be 2-3mins fast some days and spot on in others. Have sent for regulating twice and not sure what else can i do. Any advise?

Re: Experience with Miyota 8215

How old is the watch? Is it time for a service?
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by BGPT23 View Post
    How old is the watch? Is it time for a service?
    It's only a few weeks old :( and The strange thing is. It's spot on when left in the winder. It only starts to behave erractically when i'm wearing it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JerylTan View Post
    It's only a few weeks old :( and The strange thing is. It's spot on when left in the winder. It only starts to behave erractically when i'm wearing it.
    I'm far from being the most knowledgeable person around here on movements, but if it were me I would be requesting an exchange from wherever I bought it from. If multiple regulations have been attempted and accuracy is still erratic, you must have ended up with a lemon. That movement shouldn't be causing problems like this.
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by BGPT23 View Post
    I'm far from being the most knowledgeable person around here on movements, but if it were me I would be requesting an exchange from wherever I bought it from. If multiple regulations have been attempted and accuracy is still erratic, you must have ended up with a lemon. That movement shouldn't be causing problems like this.
    Ya. Am discussing with the watchmaker on this. I'm in Asia and the watch needs to send back to US. Costs me a bomb to get it back and forth. I'm just wondering if it's normal for this movement before i decide to send it back agsin

all the 8215 mvts I've had, never an issue -always very accurate. Might want to contact the seller and further discuss.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

The 8215 has its faults, but accuracy and reliability are generally good. I'd ask for a replacement.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Will3020 View Post
    all the 8215 mvts I've had, never an issue -always very accurate. Might want to contact the seller and further discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    The 8215 has its faults, but accuracy and reliability are generally good. I'd ask for a replacement.
    Thanks for the feedback will and brad. Will test another couple of days before discussing options with the watchmaker.

I've had a the 8215 movement in my Cave Dweller for about a year and a half with no issues at all. 2-3 minutes is pretty fast and sounds really irregular to me. Time to get the skinny from the watchmaker.
    Current Rotation:Rolex Yacht-Master 116655, Rolex CHNR GMT Master II Ceramic 126711, Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, Tudor Pelagos, Tudor Black Bay Red

Quote Originally Posted by JerylTan View Post
    It doesn't like you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information