Eye Candy ALERT !!! I finally made it to Dallas to see some watches?

Thread: Eye Candy ALERT !!! I finally made it to Dallas to see some watches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eye Candy ALERT !!! I finally made it to Dallas to see some watches?

Which one do you like and why?

WOW! This one blew me away. The perfect look, the perfect weight, the perfect feel. Unbelieveable!!

The next 2 Panerai were nice, I liked but, i dont know. I do love the Lominor in Rose gold though, the 289.

I was most dissapointed with the Nardin. I have loved the look of this watch from day 1, but it was a bit too small for me, and while it looks great head on, it has a weird profile from the side that turned me off.

I ended up really liking this Breguet. Nice feel, weight and look.. Very much my style.

Surprisingly I really loved this Rolex. Looks great but for the $ I could get the Lange...

Now my favorites. These 2 Pateks were awsome, loved them both, the only thing I thought was not great was the leather band tapers down and gets pretty skinny.

I tried on lots more watches. I was at De Boules in Dallas, who claim they have the largest selection of Pateks in the world. They did have a lot. And Bachendorfs in the Galleria.
    Last edited by CUSO; November 25th, 2010 at 03:20.
    I CAN AFFORD IT, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A DEAL!!!!!!!

Re: Eye Candy ALERT !!! I finally made it to Dallas to see some watches?

Can't say I much care for any of them other than the Panerai with the crown guard.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Can't say I much care for any of them other than the Panerai with the crown guard.
    +1

Though I have to say, it wouldn't look that good on my wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know these are great watches and impressive brands, but none of them are really all that good looking. The Lange is nice, but way too busy for my taste.

You should try and find some Glashutte models to try out...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CUSO View Post
    Which one do you like and why?
    These two are my choices from the bunch:

Very different. I like the efficiency and exactness of German workmanship and Lange is the paradigm. It's also no secret I like guilloché dials. Even though I prefer them on dress watches and I usually dislike tool watches in precious metal, that watch is one of a handful of exceptions because..... well, because it's exceptional. It looks like yellow gold in your picture. If that's just the lighting causing a poor white balance and it is stainless steel then all the better.

I was most dissapointed with the Nardin. I have loved the look of this watch from day 1, but it was a bit too small for me, and while it looks great head on, it has a weird profile from the side that turned me off.
    That's why it's necessary to try them on. There are lots of GO Panomatic models I like, but most of them felt awkward and too thick on my wrist.

The Nardin that was too small looks bigger than the Pateks and the Brueget. I think the Panerai is too big. None are really my style, but if I had to pick I'd say the Rolex.

Thanks for the pics. Are you looking to buy or just "kicking tires"? I occasionally try on watches I can't afford. The sales guy is always nice (he gave me the IWC hardbound catalogue, for example), but I always feel a little bad about it. On the other hand, if I'm ever in the position to afford a dream watch, he'll be the guy I buy it from.
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

It's a good thing I can't afford it, because the Nautilus is growing on me. I would joyfully wear it with this shirt:

Name:  5206095188_f2f0c52840_z.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  113.4 KB

-The Rolex Day-Date would be next but only at 36mm. I've tried on a 41mm Datejust with the fluted bezel and it was too much Rolex for me
    -The Lange is out because my eyesight makes it impractical and there are other models I like better (not that it will ever acutally matter)
    -I like generally like Ulysee Nardin's quirkiness but that one is too zany
    -Maybe I'd need to see the Breguet in person...
    -Panerai's styling is appealing, but most are at least 4mm too large for my wrists/taste
    Last edited by ljb187; November 25th, 2010 at 13:31.

Wow.... Those are some uglies.

You should have gone to Zales while you were at the Mall, and tried on some Citizen Perpetual A/T's.....
    Seiko / Orient / Hamilton

I would probably go with the Patek 5712/1, not that the leather doesnt look amazing as on the 5712, but I just feel the bracelet compliments it much more. Plus the watch seems the best fit for your wrist in my opinion

v76

Ah, that must have felt really nice trying out all those amazing watches. I usually steer clear of stores that sell high-end pieces because knowing my impulsive nature I'm sure I'd do something incredibly stupid after trying out one of those beauties ... just as well ...

My two choices from the ones you tried ... most other Langes and I'd be all over them (just have to drool over pics for now ...).

Last edited by v76; November 25th, 2010 at 15:01.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information