Fake U-Boat?

Thread: Fake U-Boat?

Fake U-Boat?

Hey people, first post here :)
    I became obsessed with watches a few years ago and I've got just a few different watches, Daniel Wellington, Invicta, Certina etc.
    Just now, I fell over a U-Boat watch and I found a specific one which I am very interested in, HOWEVER - I have never seen this model before and the seller has, for some reason, misplaced the box and papers on it, so yes it already sounds shady.

ANYWHO. Could anyone help me in any way? I would very much like it if it in fact, real.

Here are a few pictures of the specific item in question:
    Billeder: Herreur, U-Boat, U-Boat chr...

Thank you so much in advance guys :)!

-MisterGrux

Re: Fake U-Boat?

I don't see many U-Boats around here.....Good luck.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Can't comment on the authenticity, but MAN that dial is awesome. I love it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Watchuseek is an awful place to ask this question because most members around here dislike U-Boat.

Welcome!

Do you trust the seller? If not then the pictures could be real but the watch you receive a fake. Or no watch. If they have good reviews it's probable okay, but pay with a credit card and PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Welcome!

Do you trust the seller? If not then the pictures could be real but the watch you receive a fake. Or no watch. If they have good reviews it's probable okay, but pay with a credit card and PayPal.
    It's a single unit watch and I am supposed to come and get it. He is actually positioned in my town, so IF it was fake and I found out, I'd easily come knocking.
    It's gonna be paid in cash.
    However, with such a watch, it's suspicious that you don't keep the manuals, the casing and especially the authenticity certificate for it.
    Another thing, underneath it says "U-BOAT U-0053". But that model actually doesn't seem to exist, however after some digging, the model "U-0048", looks EXACTLY like this watch. Which would mean, this could be a fake. Why would two different models look exactly the same, and one is nowhere to be found?

Dunno - sorry. Still, you're better paying by PayPal and credit card so you can claim it back if it turns out to be fake.

All U-boats look like fakes to me

Bu this one in particular stinks, Different types of straps warrant different model numbers but that's it, if everything is the same, cannot be different model number. There is a chance however, the seller doesn't know he has a fake either.
    Last edited by monza06; October 8th, 2013 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post
    All U-boats look like fakes to me

Bu this one in particular stinks, Different types of straps warrant different model numbers but that's it, if everything is the same, cannot be different model number. There is a chance however, the seller doesn't know he has a fake either.
    Yeah that's what I think, that he doesn't know he's got a fake.
    Anywho I've just fallen in love with a U-Boat Classico(The Left Hook Auto, Black Dial) 53.
    And it's got the original box and everything, and it's for the third of it's original price, so yeah I am getting that one instead ;)

Thread Information