Falling in love with dual analog/digital watch..

Thread: Falling in love with dual analog/digital watch..

Falling in love with dual analog/digital watch..

I recently bought a analog/digital watch combo due to its reasonable price and good look. Taking it as fun and decide to wear for work and sport for few days.. But I suddenly discover.. I fall in love for this type of watch..

The function is so practical and many times help me a lot. Due to my job nature of working in a lab. Many times,I need to time my experiment and using the digital function of timer keeps free from looking for timer in lab. It also helps my forgetful nature as help me keep track of any important matter with its alarm. Best of all,I am still able to keep track of current time unlike normal digital watch which sometimes only show the stopwatch time or timer time without current time in the back ground..

When comes to sport,one of my best calories burning activities is jogging. As I need to use the stopwatch function,i can at the same time keep track of the current time which provides me additional motivation in my jog becos I usually jog at nite. Seeing I am too late for my sleep from the current time. I will give myself additonal boast to complete my jog faster...

Now I find it impossible to leave it home for my weekdays of work and sports... The only time not wearing it will be weekend party out and with analog automatic watch...
    Last edited by GMT-II; March 30th, 2007 at 13:54.

Re: Falling in love with dual analog/digital watch..

Congratulations! You've rediscovered practicality and true usefulness I too have recently hit upon the same rediscovery. Now my purely analog watches just seem one dimensional in functionality and frankly, a throwback to the past, not that I don't still enjoy them. We WIS always talk about our tool watches, yet disregard digital and its functionality. Don't like the resin look? There are plenty that are SS. Still want the big name stamped on the dial? Buy a Breitling B1 or Aerospace, or an Omega X-33. You can spend a lot or you can spend very little, but these, IMO, are the modern tool watches.
    Wear what you like.

LTH

Re: Falling in love with dual analog/digital watch..

I agree, a watch should be analog for quick reading, digital for precision, backlighted for night, alarm for morning, dual time for overseas vacations, water resist for swimming, altimeter for skiing !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Swatch Sistem 51 Arrow (custom bracelet), Bulova Snorkel 96B209, Seiko SSA174K1 "unicorn" 4R37, Seiko SKA465P1 Kinetic 5M62-0CH0, Alpha Sundial Black, Seiko "SPØRK" SRP043K1, MQJ submariner, Casio WVA-430, Citizen diver NY2300-09EB, Seiko 5 SNXS77K (7S26) , Casio Protrek PRT-500 , Swatch Beat webmaster , vintage Seiko 5 (1972 defective) various Casio, Pulsar, Yonger&Bresson all anadigit and a Fossil WristPda:oops:

Thread Information