>>>FAMOUS LOGOS & GLOBAL BRANDING<<< {REVISITED..
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: >>>FAMOUS LOGOS & GLOBAL BRANDING<<< {REVISITED..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    North-By-Nortwest of El Capitan, Yosemite, California

Off Topic post >>>FAMOUS LOGOS & GLOBAL BRANDING<<< {REVISITED..

Aside from historical background, tradition, marketing-hype notwithstanding, and status symbol...which watch (or watches) in your collection did you buy because you also liked the popularity and/or dominance of the corporate LOGO???

Here are some popular logos...

PLS. FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR FAVORITE WATCH LOGO

(By the way, I have acquired and currently owned several watches like Wengers, VSA, Swatch, & Swiss Military because as a youngster, I have already been accustomed and attracted to the famous red "Swiss-Shield/Crest" which is a symbol of superior quality)

No one doubts the pervasiveness, global branding, reputation and reliability of Japanese watches...

(YES, I currently owned all 3 brands)

You might say this caught my eye before I bought my Mudman 6-9000 and my AW-582...

RAILROADS, TRAIN STATIONS...

PLANES, PILOTS, FLIEGERS...

Re: >>>FAMOUS LOGOS & GLOBAL BRANDING<<< {REVISITED..

I would never, and have never bought a watch based on the dominance of their corporate logo, which in my opinion is just a fancy way of saying "Street cred". Never have, never, ever, ever will. Ever.

I have always bought watches based upon their aesthetic appeal, interesting movement or complication, and/or historical significance.

With that being said, the watches in my collection are largely made up of: Seiko, Citizen, Rolex, Omega, and Casio G-Shock.

There are, however, some brands whose logo/branding that have turned me away from their lineup of watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've never bought anything based on branding except maybe Kangaroo shoes when I was like 5 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek N View Post
    There are, however, some brands whose logo/branding that have turned me away from their lineup of watches.
    +1

I really, really like this one.

It took me years and years before I could even see one of these logos in person, much less own one.

It's not just that I love the watch. I actually love the script they use and the emblem(s). Modern Grand Seiko is associated with the GS, but the lion symbol is just as important.
    BlueWings077 and eliz like this.

North-By-Nortwest of El Capitan, Yosemite, California

I have always bought watches based upon their aesthetic appeal, interesting movement or complication, and/or historical significance.

With that being said, the watches in my collection are largely made up of: Seiko, Citizen, Rolex, Omega, and Casio G-Shock.

Greetings Derek...
    was sitting-on-the-dock-by-the bay...saw a flock of seagulls...

Then, it dawn on me that I have overlooked a global brand that is a powerhouse in watch movements...a company that has a rich history behind it...

Sea Gull: Company and Brand History

SEA-GULL is the in-house brand of Tianjin Sea Gull Watch Manufacturing Group, China’s top watch maker. The company was established in 1955 and has developed and prospered, much in line with China’s overall progress and development. Today, SEA-GULL is a modern internationally oriented watch manufacturing company. It is very well known within the industry as it is one of the world’s leading mechanical movement manufacturers. SEA-GULL’s high-quality mechanical movements are used in watches of many well known brands.

In 1963 the Chinese watch manufacturer "Tianjin Seagull Watch Factory" produced a watch like this as issue watch for the Chinese Air Force. Recently the very same manufacturer has released an in-house remake of the watch, with only a few differences to the original, e.g. no military issue markings on the case back.

This.

And as for the OP's second part, here is my favorite logo:

Name:  Logo-Longines-EFCO.jpg
Views: 6680
Size:  93.4 KB
    And the current iteration:
    Name:  New-Longines-Logo.png
Views: 1466
Size:  42.5 KB
    Athram and BlueWings077 like this.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Panerai View Post
    I would never, and have never bought a watch based on the dominance of their corporate logo
    Me neither. It has helped me in the logo app games though. I can usually identify all the watch brand logos (well they're usually the easy well known ones..).

The logo is such a small part of what a watch is. I own several Omega watches and all were purchased because I liked how the watches looked and fit. The omega logo is among the nicest watch logos I've seen but it's presence was not a deciding factor.

I'm amazed at what corporations spend with consultants to craft new logos when the business is being reinvented. Most consumers don't dwell on or attempt to find the hidden meaning or message that some logos are supposed to convey.
    Last edited by John MS; October 10th, 2012 at 00:06.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information