WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If you had to pick only one website to read about watches, which one would it be? Pick one:

• Deployant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monochrome

• Time+Tide

• Watches by SJX

Favorite Watch website --> pick one!

2K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  M_Milaguet 
#1 ·
There are many great (most) watch review and news websites. If you had to pick just one to get some of your new from, which one would it be??

#3 ·
@cadeallaw

Great! Thank you for the reply. Have you checked out some apps like Watchville or Govberg OnTime that pull all the posts from most of the sites above? I just started using it and it can be a bit overwhelming but it makes news surfing pretty effective... of course Tapatalk is cool but can quickly get out of hand!!! :)

Thanks again!

#5 ·
...Have you checked out some apps like Watchville or Govberg OnTime that pull all the posts from most of the sites above?...
OnTime does a really nice job of consolidating news from most of the sites listed. The app can be a bit pokey, but coverage is excellent.

Reactions: Jguitron
#7 ·
For me it's gotta be YouTube. I subscribe to three in the above list plus a handful of other channels.

I don't use any of the apps because I prefer to view/surf on PC. I have an all-in-one on my desk that doubles as a HTPC and is connected to my 65 inch TV. It is in my bedroom which is also my home office. This way I can watch while I'm walking around the room doing tasks, or even while I am in bed via Bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

#11 ·
Hodinkee is by far my favorite, ABTW is a distant second. The quality of the writing is better on Hodinkee and the choice of material is more up my alley. It is like car magazines even though I don't buy Ferraris I prefer to read about them over the latest minivans or city cars.

#16 ·
Hodinkee, Worn and Wound and ablogtowatch are my top 3.

#17 ·
I forgot to mention the thing that really pushes Hodinkee over the top is the "Talking Watches" video segments. The JC Biver, Goldberger and Singer videos are epic. The JCB video proved to me that however much people dislike him he has more passion for watches than anyone I have ever been exposed to.

#23 ·
Ablogtowatch, Watchuseek, then Hodinkee. Something about ABTW's site feels better designed and easier to navigate than Hodinkee, though I like the writing on both sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
1. watchrecon, chrono24, ebay, and craigslist for shopping (plus several auction results sites like christie's and collector square for checking values / completed transactions)
2. Watchville on the iphone before going to sleep, and this aggregates hodinkee, a blog to watch, quill and pad, and other blogs
3. WUS, timezone, and a Polish watch enthusiast site (where some arbitrage is possible) for the discussions

#25 · (Edited)
I'm quite fond of the watch snob's column on askmen. He's the person responsible for my interest in watches. Hodinkee and ablogtowatch as well... and of course, watchuseek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.