favre leuba

Thread: favre leuba

Smile favre leuba

I have a favre leuba watch with either a black pearl or black onyx on the winder .The watch has a gold face and outer casing, not sure if real gold or gold plated.
    Watch is not the usual round shape but more oblong in shape , it has numbers on the back which are : 24482-10
    Do not know anything about this watch, nor can i find any information on this watch .
    Does anyone know of this type of watch? This would be of great help to me. :thanks

Re: favre leuba

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Pics would def. help. If you are not sure if it is gold plated or solid gold look out for the hall mark. If it is solid gold there must be a hall mark.

A bit of history:

Maison Favre-Leuba over time It is the year 1737. In Le Locle, a small Swiss village in the Jura mountains and in the heart of the watchmaking world, Abraham Favre decided to officially register his Manufacture producing timepieces. It was one of the earliest watchmaking companies.

From the very start Abraham Favre concentrated on improving the technology of his timepieces, and the quality of the materials employed in their manufacture. Thanks to his hard work and pioneering spirit, the business expanded and was passed down through eight generations of the Favre family.

It was his grandson Henry-Auguste, who in 1814 went a step further by going into partnership with Auguste Leuba, a watch dealer from Buttes in the Val-de-Travers.

By the 19th and early 20th centuries Favre-Leuba had ramifications around the world, with offices or representations throughout the Middle East, India and Asia, North/South America, Russia and other European countries.

The business remained in the same family over eight generations, through to 1969. Then the quartz revolution came along, bringing many changes for the industry.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unhappy Re: favre leuba

So far i have had to have the winder replaced and the bracelet strap too.
    It took a week for the company to get the part's to fix my watch .
    I hope these pictures are of some help .
    As you can see the bracelet strap is not the original ,will have to look elsewhere to see if i can get a original 1 to match the watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by rjmwb2007; October 24th, 2010 at 18:13.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

You can upload directly by using our upload tool - click on "Manage attachments" or use a photo host (photobucket, flickr, image shack) and umload from there.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information