Fedex estimates

Thread: Fedex estimates

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fedex estimates

So I bought a watch for the first time and its coming from Japan shipped by fedex and it says it should arrive by Thursday night. Anyone have an idea as to the accuracy of this estimate? Thanks

Re: Fedex estimates

It's probably a good estimate, unless it gets held up in customs. If it gets stuck in customs you'll have no idea how long it'll take. Could be a few hours to many weeks...

If the shipper's record is clean, my guess is that the package has already cleared customs before it hits Canada and that the estimate is likely pretty good.

Sure, something can always happen but it's doubtful. Just for shits and grins, let us know how it plays out. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: Fedex estimates

Quote Originally Posted by k7lro View Post
    If the shipper's record is clean, my guess is that the package has already cleared customs before it hits Canada and that the estimate is likely pretty good.

Sure, something can always happen but it's doubtful. Just for shits and grins, let us know how it plays out. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies fellas. The watch is coming from Chino-San and he seems to have a good reputation here so I hope it doesn't get held at customs. Being my first watch that I purchased myself I am excited for it to come. I'll post some pics when it lands

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopMichael View Post
    It's probably a good estimate, unless it gets held up in customs. If it gets stuck in customs you'll have no idea how long it'll take. Could be a few hours to many weeks...
    Isn't Fedex supposed to help for customs clearance ?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Hi everyone, my watch is now in Richmond, BC which is about an hour from where I live but there has been a "clearance" delay, does this mean its stuck in customs??
    On the tracking website it says "Package to be cleared by FedEx broker". Does anyone know what this means? :thanks

LUW

Friday night I bought a Citizen Promaster from Hong Kong - that's half a world away from me, literally. According to the FedEx tracking system, it should arrive at my house today at 6:00 pm. The FedEx guy ranged my bell at 6:14 pm.

That may not be COSC-accurate, but I dare say it's accurate enough .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Friday night I bought a Citizen Promaster from Hong Kong - that's half a world away from me, literally. According to the FedEx tracking system, it should arrive at my house today at 6:00 pm. The FedEx guy ranged my bell at 6:14 pm.

That may not be COSC-accurate, but I dare say it's accurate enough .
    Mine is supposed to arrive Friday at 5, lets see how this whole "clearance" thing pans out. I hope it doesn't take too long!

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by takman View Post
    "clearance" delay, does this mean its stuck in customs??
    On the tracking website it says "Package to be cleared by FedEx broker". Does anyone know what this means? :thanks
    It means call the Fedex number for your region, give the operator your tracking number and ask to either speak to the clearance department, or clarify any details that are still required for clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by k7lro View Post

I made a post about the watch in the seiko forum, it arrived safe and sound! Here's a link https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...84495#poststop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information