Feedback on an On Line site appreciated

Thread: Feedback on an On Line site appreciated

Feedback on an On Line site appreciated

I am currently looking to purchase a Hamilton watch from the following on line site I found: Jomashop.com
    It would appear legitimate, but what perked my interest was the following quote off their website regarding payments:
    "Wire Transfer
    Jomashop.com accepts direct wire transfers for both domestic and international orders. Jomashop.com will deduct 3% off your order total if a wire transfer is used for payment."

Naturally I am somewhat concerned as most authorities on internet commerce suggest you stay away from these types of transactions. The watch I am looking at is substantially reduced which also rings a few bells. The business appears to be legit, based out of New York.

Unfortunately I have had to buy online as there are no Hamilton AD's in Australia, and Amazon won't ship the watch I want to Australia. If you've had a positive experience with this site I'd like to hear so I can make a decision whether I go with them or not.

Thanks.

Last edited by Red PeeKay; March 18th, 2013 at 12:08.
    "Socrates is dead, Galilei is dead,
    Newton is dead, Einstein is dead,
    Pantani is dead and I'm feeling sick too."

Re: Feedback on an On Line site appreciated

It's a legit site. I've purchased from them and received good service. I don't think wire transfer is the only method you can use. From memory I used Paypal through their ebay site, or you can use credit card through their website. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find quite a few review threads on Jomashop.

Thanks GlennO, can only use paypal if in Nth America according to their online website. Will pull the trigger, the price is the best I could find by a long shot! Can use the credit card or if they will give me further discount to wire then the diff will pay for the shipping to Oz. Cheers.
    "Socrates is dead, Galilei is dead,
    Newton is dead, Einstein is dead,
    Pantani is dead and I'm feeling sick too."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

While it is a legit business, it is a grey market seller, so you can never be too sure of their sources for their watches, though they are guaranteed to be authentic. You may want to do a search here and other fora on others' experiences which are mixed. It is highly unlikely that you will get the manufacturer's warranty with the watch which may not be an issue for you. Forum sponsor Topper is a Hamilton AD in California. PM robattopper and Rob Caplan will tell you if they ship to Oz, availability and pricing. He, too, probably offers a 3% discount if wire since he's passing the credit card fee savings along to you.

There are several threads similar to this one, I think with 90 % positive comments about Jomashop.
    I bought a $ 2300 watch from them, when they had a special with 40 % off the MSRP.
    The watch arrived perfectly and it was delivered just five days after I paid them via PayPal (USA to China).
    Only difference I noticed is that I didn't get the manufacturer's warranty, but Jomashop's two years warranty instead, but the price I paid was much better.

I've bought two watches from them in the last week. Including a Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono. They're super legit. Great customer service.

Both watches were to me within 2 days.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    It is highly unlikely that you will get the manufacturer's warranty with the watch which may not be an issue for you.
    That is incorrect. I always wonder how people come up with clearly wrong information that they hand out as true.

With grey market purchases, you do not get a domestic warranty through the manufacturer. A domestic warranty entitles the purchaser to warranty service in the country where the watch is purchased. For a grey market purchase you still get the manufacturer's warranty which means for warranty repair the watch must go back to the manufacturer. In this case there is no benefit for the buyer to buy from an AD (other than authenticity which is not an issue with Jomashop). If the watch is not sold in his country, then for warranty service he must mail the watch regardless. In that case, you might as well mail it to the manufacturer.
    Last edited by Gary123; March 18th, 2013 at 15:59.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    That is incorrect. I always wonder how people come up with clearly wrong information that they hand out as true.
    Well, I came up with my information from the jomashop website, which states:

Warranty: All products sold on Jomashop.com are guaranteed authentic. Since Jomashop.com does not sell its products through the manufacturer's pricing guidelines; we do not provide the manufacturer’s warranty with the product. Some original packaging may be modified to replace the original warranty as Jomashop.com is not an authorized dealer. The manufacturer’s warranty is replaced with a Jomashop.com warranty. In addition some of our watches will have a security strip which can be removed by the customer upon acceptance of the sale of the watch.
    While our merchandise is 100% authentic in its manufacturer’s source and components, but since we are not an authorized distributor, the warranty of the watches is provided by Jomashop and not by the manufacturer.

Thread Information