Feel like quitting
Like Tree628Likes

Thread: Feel like quitting

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Feel like quitting

I am fairly new to this hobby, less than a year, and almost feel like quitting. Tired of feeling like I am being looked down upon by “watch snobs”. Frustrating is an understatement.

Re: Feel like quitting

Well, if you do, congratulations on saving all that money.
    1afc, beached, uplockjock and 42 others like this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

This response just confirms this is not a hobby for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What makes you feel like you are being looked down on?
    Simon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 TRUCK View Post
    What makes you feel like you are being looked down on?
    perhaps the fact that watches have transitioned from timekeeping devices to "wrist bling" that become even more desirable as the prices are artificially launched into the stratosphere.
    MarioCobos likes this.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with affordable watches. A good watch is ultimately one that makes YOU happy. There is generally a hell of a lot more honesty in a sub-$500 watch than a watch over $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by sryan79 View Post
    This response just confirms this is not a hobby for me.
    Sounds more like you are adverse to forum mannerisms, cheekiness, and conduct. IMHO watchuseek is a mild mannered forum.
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Looked down upon for what reason? The brands you like? The price of watches you can afford?

There are snobs in pretty much any hobby that involves material goods. Cars, bicycles, motorcycles, boats, fishing... That's why there are enthusiasts niches In most hobbies. Why this forum has dedicated areas for affordable watches, fashion watches, quartz watches, and several dedicated to particular brands. There's no right or wrong way to enjoy watches or watch collecting. Ignore the haters.