Fell in love with a beater...
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Fell in love with a beater...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I was searching for a beater....

You know... the watch that you would not mind scratching, working on your car with, swimming in salt water, etc...

I set a $200 budget and shopped around like any good WIS would do. I never had a 007 or a Monster before, so I got both a 007k and a Black Monster.

The idea was to try both and see which one I like. After seeing the Black Monster in person I realized it's not my style and sold it.

The 007 on the other hand fit like a glove. So I ordered a good bracelet for it and now I love it so much I can't use it as a beater !!!

I just thought I share with you guys my madness.

Here is the culprit:

Attachment 1015128
    Attachment 1015129
    Attachment 1015130
    Attachment 1015132

Re: Fell in love with a beater...

That happened to me too, with my Monster. I really need to try out a 007, they look awesome, and if they're anything like the Monster I'll never take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by lmcgbaj View Post
    I was searching for a beater....

You know... the watch that you would not mind scratching, working on your car with, swimming in salt water, etc...

I set a $200 budget and shopped around like any good WIS would do. I never had a 007 or a Monster before, so I got both a 007k and a Black Monster.

The idea was to try both and see which one I like. After seeing the Black Monster in person I realized it's not my style and sold it.

The 007 on the other hand fit like a glove. So I ordered a good bracelet for it and now I love it so much I can't use it as a beater !!!

I just thought I share with you guys my madness.

Here is the culprit:

Attachment 1015128
    Attachment 1015129
    Attachment 1015130
    Attachment 1015132
    I recently picked up a 007 and an OM. The latter, mainly to wear for MS awareness last week.

I'm ok with the OM, like it much better now that I have it off the bracelet and on an orange NATO.

I adore the 007 on bracelet or "bond" NATO. I'm not sure how to characterize it, it's going to sound a little weird, but (on the bracelet) it's one of the few watches I've ever had that I've kept on for 24+ hours. Meaning I ended up both sleeping and showering with it on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some of the Seikos are just hard to beat, even if you are trying to give them beater status.

Banned

I kind of did the same thing. However, the watch that I did not intend as a beater, but makes a great one is my SNK809. I wear it to work everyday, an environment that is easy to scratch a watch, and I enjoy seeing that new scratch on the crystal ever other day or so :)

Nice! What kind of bracelet is that?

But what other watches have you owned before? I acknowledge that Seiko skx007 packs hellova punch for the money, or so I read in WUS, but in the big scheme of things, your enthusiasm wouldn't mean TOO much if you hadn't owned higher tier watches to compare with.

Just sayin' as usual. I have never owned watches more than $100, so I am just naturally skeptic. That is all.
    CCCP likes this.
    -= Ophthalmology =-
    Grand Seiko Quartz SBGX065 (2015), My Story of Getting this Piece.
    HMT Janata on Hirsch Forest (80's vintage, 2014)
    Fossil Decker on Hirsch Liberty (2012)

I believe it is the "wjean super oyster" with the solid end links. I have the same, it's awesome. if you search ebay for the words in quotes you'll see it.
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by sensejae View Post
    But what other watches have you owned before? I acknowledge that Seiko skx007 packs hellova punch for the money, or so I read in WUS, but in the big scheme of things, your enthusiasm wouldn't mean TOO much if you hadn't owned higher tier watches to compare with.

Just sayin' as usual. I have never owned watches more than $100, so I am just naturally skeptic. That is all.
    I can see why you'd think that but it's not necessarily the case. I have an OM and BM and love them as much as my more expensive watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    DM71 likes this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Quote Originally Posted by sensejae View Post

It has meaning because so many people share the same kind of sentiment for this same exact watch. The SKX007 is one of the most talked about affordable watches ever.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information