A few images of my Seiko "Sumo" and first impressions.
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A few images of my Seiko "Sumo" and first impressions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    v76

Picture A few images of my Seiko "Sumo" and first impressions.

Well, here's my first "real" dive watch. I suppose my Ebel Sportswave was a diver too, but I didn't wear it all that much due to the really heavy bracelet (and case!), even though the build quality was pretty much unassailable.

Since I started wearing the SBDC003, it's gained just 1 second in 2 days! I got the bracelet replaced with a blue leather strap though I must say that the bracelet is very comfortable indeed. I seem to prefer lighter to heavier bracelets for some strange reason (I prefer the AT2500's bracelet to the AT8500's!). Ok, enough with my gabbing and on to some pics. I apologize for the noisy images, I shot these in near darkness

And, finally a wrist shot. The leather strap is pretty stiff and makes the watch appear even bigger than it is (looked a little better on the bracelet, I suppose), Anyway, it does feel "borderline" too big like my Bulova Precisionist ...
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Re: A few images of my Seiko "Sumo" and first impressions.

That's a sweet watch and looks great on your wrist. Thanks for the photos.

Nice photography! And the watch looks great. But my issue with the Sumo is that every time I see a photo, I love it, and every time I wear one, I'm overwhelmed by how lukewarm it makes me feel. Like, I'm looking at your pictures, and I'm going "Man, I want one" and then I'm thinking to myself "Oh right, I just sold mine".

It is a great watch, though, and I'm glad you've bonded with it. Even though it's not for me, it's a watch I don't hesitate to recommend.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Nice photography! And the watch looks great. But my issue with the Sumo is that every time I see a photo, I love it, and every time I wear one, I'm overwhelmed by how lukewarm it makes me feel. Like, I'm looking at your pictures, and I'm going "Man, I want one" and then I'm thinking to myself "Oh right, I just sold mine".

It is a great watch, though, and I'm glad you've bonded with it. Even though it's not for me, it's a watch I don't hesitate to recommend.

Any particular reason you think this is? I've been lusting over a Sumo for a while but this makes me hesitate...

It doesn't look too big. What size is your wrist?

v76

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlount View Post
    That's a sweet watch and looks great on your wrist. Thanks for the photos.
    Thank you, Raza! As you know, I'm not one who likes divers all that much, but the Sumo's nod to Seiko's diver heritage had me wanting one. I agree with some of the other reviews on here that the case and lugs have been very thoughtfully designed (and brushing/polishing of surfaces). I only wish it were a mite thinner and sat lower on the wrist. Definitely can't complain about the accuracy, +/-0s after 76 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post

Thanks! My wrist is 7" or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
    It doesn't look too big. What size is your wrist?
    Last edited by v76; February 16th, 2012 at 14:17.
    Collection:

Congrats for the new Sumo. The blue dial looks very nice, every time I see one, I'm tempted to get one to go with my black dial Sumo. One of my all time favorite and one of the most refine diver in it's price range IMO.

And the watch looks just perfect on your wrist, enjoy!
    Last edited by DM71; February 16th, 2012 at 17:25. Reason: oops! changed evryone for every time
    ~ Daniel ~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by medaze View Post
    Any particular reason you think this is? I've been lusting over a Sumo for a while but this makes me hesitate...
    I feel the same way about the Sumo too, but I just can't put my finger on it. It was a solid quality watch and I really like the 6R15 movement, but something about it wasn't for me. Pictures of them are always enticing, but it was like the watch just didn't feel right on the wrist. I ended up with the XW Tsunami on my wrist and the Sumo has been gone for a while now.

v76

Thanks, much!

Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Congrats for the new Sumo. The blue dial looks very nice, everyone I see one, I'm tempted to get one to go with my black dial Sumo. One of my all time favorite and one of the most refine diver in it's price range IMO.

And the watch looks just perfect on your wrist, enjoy!
    Collection:

Looks good on you. Enjoy...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000
    1965 Accurist Shockmaster
    1961 Gold Accurist Shockmaster
    Seiko SSC021P1
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00

Meistersinger Perigraph AM1002
    G-Shock GW3000B-1A

Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Ben Sherman S489.OOBS
    1990 Rotary Gold Case