fickle? Me, I guess I am, er no I'm not!

Thread: fickle? Me, I guess I am, er no I'm not!

Banned

fickle? Me, I guess I am, er no I'm not!

I've posted several comments recently praising G-Shock (let's not even get into my ill-advised "Even the...."thread. I won't make that mistake again). So today I decided to treat myself with a DW5600E....and have just walked out the shop with a new Orient CEM61002WH. There's obviously something wrong with me. I feel everything I said about Gs is true, but for some reason, today they just left me cold...and that's even after trying on GWX-56 thingy (The King) with Multi-band 6 and Solar power. Thank goodness I've got more than one watch to suit my fickle moods. As to the Orient, I really like the font and green-ness (I hope this means it'll have really good lume), the fact that it's understated, not showy, not obviously a diving watch at all due to having no bezel, but is very legible and has a nice weight to it. It's a great size for my 7.5" wrist, has a comfortable rubber strap and good deployment clasp. The one weird thing about it is the strap wraps round the other way, facing inward. I thought this might have been a mistake until I noticed the logo is the right way up, so its obviously deliberate. It also has a curved crystal...unusual for a diving model. Name:  orient%20mako%20creme.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  82.8 KB
    I gather this is called the "New Mako". That ring true with you guys?
    No chance to test accurcy yet, but I'll be surprised if the 4693 mvt doesn't prove to be the stalwart workhorse it has the reputation of being. And all for 880 yuan RRP. I got 10% off.

Re: fickle? Me, I guess I am, er no I'm not!

Nice looking Orient. This is not the New Mako however. The New Mako is a diver and looks nothing like this.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Very handsome watch, congrats. Although the reason it's not "obviously a diving watch at all" is because... it isn't (not sure why you think so?)
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is a very nice looking watch. Can you post a lume shot? Also, how about an update on accuracy. I've looked for one of these in Rio, but have not had any luck.

Nice orient but I'm gonna go with "hidden by leaves" on this one. Not a diver...which means perhaps that you still need a diver. Happy holidays

Banned

If this had a numeralled bezel, I don't think there's any question it'd be a diver. Rubber strap, WR100m, clear dial with good lume (checked it last night but don't have a camera so can't post a pic), chunky TT1-esque styling, screwdown crown and caseback, heavy knurling. I think this is a hybrid. In fact, its one of the more individual pieces I've seen when I get to thinking about it, which seems deliberately to straddle the line between dress and diver. I've seen the small Mako in the store and it looks like a really classy example of one of the most copied watch designs ever, but this is a bit different.

Thread Information