Filippo Loreti are trying to take down my Youtube video criticizing them!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Level.5x
  • 3 Post By stuffler,mike
  • 6 Post By ari.seoul

Thread: Filippo Loreti are trying to take down my Youtube video criticizing them!

Filippo Loreti are trying to take down my Youtube video criticizing them!

Hi!
    To make a long story short, i make Youtube videos about watches. And in one of my recent videos i mentioned some brands you should avoid.
    Now they have sent me this email:

"I am the authorized representative of Filippo Loreti and FilippoLoreti.com website being infringed at:
    Filippo Loreti unauthorized use of brand images
    This letter is notification under the provisions of Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") to effect removal of the above-reported infringements. I request that you immediately issue a cancellation message as specified in RFC 1036 for the specified postings and prevent the infringer, who is identified by its Web address, from posting the infringing material to your servers in the future. Please be advised that law requires you, as a service provider, to "expeditiously remove or disable access to" the infringing material upon receiving this notice. Noncompliance may result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA. The damage done to Filippo Loreti brand and its assets is estimated to be $28,760 at the time of writing.
    I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of here is not authorized by me, the copyright holder, or the law. The information provided here is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
    You have until 2017/06/05 to cease the operations that infringes the Filippo Loreti brand. If there is no reply from your part by 2017/06/05 12pm GMT - official legal actions will be initiated and you will be liable to compensate the damage mentioned above.
    Please send me at the address noted below a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter.
    Sincerely,
    Managing Director of Filippo Loreti"

First off, i want to say, stay away from this company!

And do you guys have any idea what i should do? One thing to note is that they have not done a copyright claim on my YT accound which is strange.

Regards

Re: Filippo Loreti are trying to take down my Youtube video criticizing them!

What research did you do in coming up with this list??

Id be upset too if you put my company on blast with no data to back up your claim. How do you know Citizen doesnt make a $100 watch for $2? Your suggestions include Seiko, Citizen, and Orient as watches you should buy....go figure.

In the affordable realm, it seems to be all about economies of scale. The big 3 Japanese brands are always going to be the "value brands" because they can bring down their costs by producing more which spreads the costs across many watches. Some profit margin data to back up your claims would be nice.

You also said that Mori diver is a bronze watch for $200....im pretty sure its brass which is much cheaper.
    ari.seoul likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Name:  image.png
Views: 1568
Size:  141.6 KB

Using copyrighted pics (that's what you did) is no good idea, especially when you putting them in a context like you did without providing any proof.

Good read: https://www.contentfac.com/copyright...ies-are-scary/
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; June 1st, 2017 at 19:51.
    ari.seoul, rfortson and Level.5x like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And where the heck did Hublot come from?? That felt very random when focused on watches $200 or less.

All of this is way too subjective when the video is about trying to make an objective argument for buying certain brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Level.5x View Post
    What research did you do in coming up with this list??

Id be upset too if you put my company on blast with no data to back up your claim. How do you know Citizen doesnt make a $100 watch for $2? Your suggestions include Seiko, Citizen, and Orient as watches you should buy....go figure.

In the affordable realm, it seems to be all about economies of scale. The big 3 Japanese brands are always going to be the "value brands" because they can bring down their costs by producing more which spreads the costs across many watches. Some profit margin data to back up your claims would be nice.

You also said that Mori diver is a bronze watch for $200....im pretty sure its brass which is much cheaper.
    My mistake about the Mori. It's brass not bronze as you said. But honestly i can't understand why you are defending this company. You should never censor a persons opinion about things like this.

Of coruse they can be mad at me. And that's not the point. Instead of censoring me, they could prove the opposite.
    Last edited by WilliamA; June 1st, 2017 at 19:44.

And do you guys have any idea what i should do? One thing to note is that they have not done a copyright claim on my YT accound which is strange.
    It's possible that they can't -- you're allowed to copyrighted materials and brand images for review purposes. More likely, it just takes a while to process and you'll hear about it later (and only if YouTube decides there was a violation).

That said, the video does come off a bit as either under-researched or a hit job -- as Level.5x notes, you're criticizing in a pointed way things that are very common across brands. It's possible that Filippo Loreti suspects you're just a competitor attacking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    It's possible that they can't -- you're allowed to copyrighted materials and brand images for review purposes. More likely, it just takes a while to process and you'll hear about it later (and only if YouTube decides there was a violation).

That said, the video does come off a bit as either under-researched or a hit job -- as Level.5x notes, you're criticizing in a pointed way things that are very common across brands. It's possible that Filippo Loreti suspects you're just a competitor attacking them.
    Yes that's true, maybe they are just "scaring" me. Yes i generalize fashion watches from Kickstarter and the funny thing is that I never even mention Filippo directly in the video. No matter if my opinion is wrong or if the video is under-researched, a company should never try to censor a opinion about their product. And I think many people should be aware of the sub par quality many of these fashion watches have.

one thing you could do is take the video down ... now, before you get all freedom of speech, etc etc,
    by doing that it doesn't mean you are wrong in your opinion (doesn't mean you're right, too), but if you have violated a law, then it's just the right thing to do,

and do you not see the irony here? you blast them for their sub-par work, meanwhile the work/research you did for your video "criticism" is sub-par as well ... (this includes product knowledge and copyright knowledge),

if you want to be a video critics, etc, hey, that's cool, go for it, but do it right, know the game/rules

Quote Originally Posted by ari.seoul View Post
    one thing you could do is take the video down ... now, before you get all freedom of speech, etc etc,
    by doing that it doesn't mean you are wrong in your opinion (doesn't mean you're right, too), but if you have violated a law, then it's just the right thing to do,

and do you not see the irony here? you blast them for their sub-par work, meanwhile the work/research you did for your video "criticism" is sub-par as well ... (this includes product knowledge and copyright knowledge),

if you want to be a video critics, etc, hey, that's cool, go for it, but do it right, know the game/rules
    There are no rules. If he thinks the company is sh*t then he can say it. That company has no legal ways to prevent this or claim compensation.

Thread Information