FINALLY
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: FINALLY

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

FINALLY

hi, im sorry for trying to get everyone involved in my search for watches, im sure im not the first one. i think this is impossible to do by myself lol. i pretty much have chosen a few watches i really like, and feel comfortable getting from an ad with warranty. i have called up various ad's some out of the country to make sure they are available (except eterna, but thats fine), theyre all pretty much in the same price range. im having a hard time putting which one i like most, forgetting about aesthetics, and focusing on reliability and and quality of the company and the watch and the value. what order would you choose for these watches. and which ones contain the best movements (some may have the same one, but different way of modifying, so which one is modified better). which brand would you put before the other. IN YOUR OPINION not to offend anyone.
    thanks for helping

Eterna

Style: 2949-41-66-1261

Baume & Mercier Capeland 10006

Maurice Lacroix

Style: PT6128-SS001-130

Breitling Super Avenger II A1337111/BC29-168A

Longines Heritage Retrograde L4.797.4.71.2

PERRELET

A1054-1

Re: FINALLY

All of the brands you've shown are comparable, Brian. There is no wrong choice in your list. Personally, I love Eterna and Maurice Lacroix, but the hands blend in a bit too much with the dial on both of those pictures (especially the Eterna). They're probably more legible in the flesh, though (at least I would hope so).

Just trust your gut and pick the one you like best.

The B&M is my favourite.

If you had selected the Longines MASTER retrograde (as opposed to the Heritage) I would have gone for that. In fact I did as I think it is more refined than the Heritage.

KPR likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm far from an expert, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them regarding reliability and quality, so IMHO aesthetics is really the issue in your decision. My impression is Perrelet and Maurice Lacroix lean a little more toward the "fashion watch" side of the spectrum, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I over-generalize.

Certainly, however, the other four have a solid history behind them. A lot depends on how and where you plane to wear them. The Breitling has a more robust tool feel, the B&M and the Longines a bit more formal, the Eterna is downright fancy.

My usual style fits the Breitling best, but the Capleand has always been a favorite of mine and a bit of a grail.

Again, someone with more detailed knowledge (and that doesn't narrow the field much)will be more helpful, but between the five I think it boils down to which one you like the look of best. Any of them should give you years of great wear with no worries.

Banned

Are they all similar movements, none are more superior to the other? I heard the the baume has N exclusive movement, is thAt true?

Quote Originally Posted by brianp View Post
    Are they all similar movements, none are more superior to the other? I heard the the baume has N exclusive movement, is thAt true?
    I don't think that there's a heck of a lot between most of them. They are based on the ETA 7750 (Breitling, Eterna) or the ETA & Valgranges A07 (Longines, ML) which are also based on the 7750. The Perrelet is a modular ETA 2892. The B&M has a La Joux-Perret 8147-2 which is also based on the 7750. But it was apparently produced exclusively for B&M so I guess that claim is true. It's also a flyback chrono, which in itself is pretty special.
    Last edited by GlennO; October 27th, 2014 at 04:38.

Of the choices presented, the super avenger II is the one for me.

Sent using carrier pigeons
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

lvt

Tough choice !

I will probably go for the Maurice Lacroix.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Is this a follow-on to your other thread asking for ideas about watches? If so why aren't the threads together?

I had the other Retro-Longines, Master model....sold it, because it is a real thick watch.
    I'd go ETERNA or BREITLING...Now what about size? Do you know what that size watch will look and feel
    like on your wrist? Because, I've sold 3 watches for being too big and lost a pile of money in selling them.
    Oh, exclusive mvmt does not mean better, it does mean more expensive to service in most cases.
    Last edited by little big feather; October 27th, 2014 at 05:23.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information