Finally...
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Finally...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Finally...

A few months ago, I was bitten by the Rolex bug and converted from a hater to a fanboy. For a while I had loved the design of the Explorer and finally decided to ditch my El Primero and get it. When I finally got close to purchasing time I was torn between the Sub, Explorer, and Explorer 2, but I came to my senses and got my favorite Rolex of all time, the one I really wanted, the 114270 Explorer 36mm. I believe this is the greatest Rolex ever made, the size is perfect at 36mm (wears quite large) and its understated and elegent design is fine with jeans and a suit, everything (except the crummy Oyster bracelet) is perfect about this watch. The Explorer is absolutely gorgeous and I am ecstatic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Re: Finally...

Used to be Rolex hater for a long time. Then after knowing more, I stop caring what other might think of me or my watch. Now I own one but I would not say I am a fan boy.
    No need for hating. They make fantastic watches.

Your selection is fantastic. Looks like the pair compliment each other. Congrats.

Excellent chice, omega1234. You've got a drool-worthy duo there!

I'm looking to add an Explorer (1016 or 114270, I've yet to decide...) to my stable this year, so your arrival is making me envious ;D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great classic choice - love the white gold surrounds.

Congrats!

Absolutely classic! Love it... I WISH I was a smaller human being, because this would absolutely be the Rolex for me. Wear it in great health, and thanks for FINALLY posting the pics!

-Max

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Great choice! It seems like majority of Rolex talk is around the sub and it's one of my least favorite models.
    wuyeah likes this.

Love the Explorer I, I agree it's probably the best Rolex in the current lineup, with the Submariner a close second. I am not a fan of the current GMT, the Explorer II, or the garish Sky Dweller.

Finally...

Awesome choice, the smaller Explorer I is a seriously classic watch.
    My Watches: Seiko Orange Monster, Orient cex0r001w, Prometheus Baiji, '84 Seiko 6309-7040, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field Officer's 44mm, Hamilton Pan Europ Silver, Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Blue, WUS Russian Forum Vostok 5/6 Commemorative Amphibia, Sterile 6497 Flieger, 1958 Vostok Kama, Vintage Orient King Diver, Vostok Zissou Ministry, Raven Deep Tech Vintage Blue, Rado Diastar Original Diver Blue, Helson Gauge Steel 5-60 dial
    Preordered- Helberg CH6
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

36 mm is pretty perfect, huh? Great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Great choice! It seems like majority of Rolex talk is around the sub and it's one of my least favorite models.
    EXACTLY! From one of my favorite to least favorite.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information