Finally I got me a Lum Tec
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Finally I got me a Lum Tec

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally I got me a Lum Tec

For quite some time I wanted to get a Lum Tec watch. I have always been a fan of nice lume and I like the overall pilot-esque look of most Lum Tec watches so I naturally wanted to see one in person. Through several watch trades I finally came to a deal where I was able to get the M38 model. This is a model in steel, the case shape vaguely resemble the Panerai one, it is 44mm wide, has 24mm lugs. It sports a sapphire crystal and large signed screw down crown. The movement is the ETA 2824 and Lum Tec gives life time free adjustment for the time keeping in case one is needed.

The watch is not very thick and it is shaped to follow the wrist, meaning the lugs are low on the case and the watch hugs my wrist easily. I like the dial too, with markers and numbers, the 3-6-9-12 configuration is one of my favorite, the font if perhaps vintage inspired? I donít know but I like it. The hands are also nicely shaped and aesthetically I only wish that they were a mm longer and a little wider, and that the lume/white paint would extend to the round part by the stem, but thatís my own personal taste. They are always visible and the face is as readable as they come in all conditions. The dial is dark gray and it is really nice looking, it is slightly patterned and changes color with the light. The lume is one of the best, I did not try it at night but in the office I can easily say that this is bright.

The watch is large but not huge and overall seems perfectly proportioned in terms of widtch, thickness and height (lug to lug), the lugs are not too long and so it can easily fit on smaller wrists without overhanging. Overall it is nice looking and a pleasure to behold. The finish seems nice too, comparable with other watches in the same price range that I have had. It comes with the bracelet, a rubber strap and a leather strap. I was lucky enough to get this in like new condition, the bracelet still wrapped and I canít even tell if the leather was used at all.

I wore it only for a couple of hours in the office, but I ordered a Nato strap first. A thicker Zulu would not fit between the bar and the case but the thinner Nato was perfect. Thatís what is on the watch in the photos. It is very comfortable and low profile, with heft but not heavy. It seems on par with some of the other watches I recently had, including Armidas, Helson, Bathys and seems even better then a Hamilton Khaki field I had.

The only upgrade that I can think of would be to have drilled through lugs but other then that the watch is pretty well made and thought out to wear and not just look pretty.

Here are a few photos, sorry for any dust spec or extraneous particles.

Re: Finally I got me a Lum Tec

Congrats! Nice pick-up!
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

Nice watch. Congrats. Thanks for posting the pics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

sweet

Nice! Looks vaguely familiar :)

Lum-Tec's are awesome watches.

Inactive

Very nice.

Awesome, love Lum-Tec. Shortish lugs so even at that size, I'm sure it wears smaller, which is great. Congrats on a fine lookin' piece!
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Mťraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Sweet watch, congrats!

Congratulations, nice watch.
    Caveat lector

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information