First Ebay Purchase - I bit worried - Seiko SARB065
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First Ebay Purchase - I bit worried - Seiko SARB065

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Well I had a few too many a few nights ago and was looking at one of my "interests" in the SARB065. I've been close to buy it a few times but after bill paying this weekend, I realized I could sorta kinda just pull the trigger without touching anything but my bill paying checking account (I need to put less money in there). Anyway I'd had a few drinks so I'd never pull the trigger, and then I saw they weren't making it anymore and they were doing a "new" version with a lesser movement. Well...the dots tell you what happened I bought one on Ebay.

So now I'm kinda not sure what to expect. I bought it as a guest, I see that it has shipped but I don't have a tracking number. The delivery date is over range of 2 weeks. And I live in an apartment so I'd rather be here for deliver. Sure the SARB will be my least expensive watch, but even "cheap" watches aren't cheap.

Ok enough worries, anyone want to make me feel less concerned? I haven't used ebay in over a decade and I've never had something shipped to me from outside the country. And now as I say this, I'm not even 100% it'll be real. The pictures were good :)

Sorry for the rant, but figured this was about the only place that wouldn't look at me as a crazy person.

And wow...topic should say "A bit worried"
    Last edited by DustinS; October 4th, 2017 at 03:29.
    soaking.fused likes this.

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

You'll be fine, I expect.

Like always, film the unboxing video, carefully inspect, wind/set and do not touch it. Observe the power reserve and accuracy while the watch is face up in your watch box and report back to this thread with pics, of course (and any questions).

Congrats on your new Seiko!!
    Last edited by soaking.fused; October 4th, 2017 at 03:47.

Re: First Ebay Purchase - I bit worried - Seiko SARB065

I've bought several out-of-country items on eBay, including from Russia, China, and just recently a watch from Japan...never had a problem. The SARB is nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, biggest worry right now is not being home to collect it, and no notice of when it'll deliver. I started a new job a month ago, but even with that I could likely work at home a day to avoid it just sitting outside. I've never had any issue but this is in my "drinking buy" range but not so much my leave it outside range lol.

premature panic (or perhaps post-decision panic) is one I never understood.
    Give it few weeks and see what happens. Even guest purchases have some protection. No reason to worry about overseas purchase for JDM Seiko. I live in apartment (as do many in big cities like NYC) and delivery is no problem. And as far as worrying if it's real... well it's pretty hard to fake Cocktail Time dial.

Calm down, and post in 2 weeks once it has arrived. Until then... the drama is unwarranted
    fish70 and soaking.fused like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    premature panic (or perhaps post-decision panic) is one I never understood.
    Give it few weeks and see what happens. Even guest purchases have some protection. No reason to worry about overseas purchase for JDM Seiko. I live in apartment (as do many in big cities like NYC) and delivery is no problem. And as far as worrying if it's real... well it's pretty hard to fake Cocktail Time dial.

Calm down, and post in 2 weeks once it has arrived. Until then... the drama is unwarranted
    Do they just leave boxes outside your building on the street? That's pretty crazy if they do! Even for that "city" (really honestly should be it's own state it's so big).

Quote Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
    Do they just leave boxes outside your building on the street? That's pretty crazy if they do! Even for that "city" (really honestly should be it's own state it's so big).
    Ummm.... they bring it in the lobby behind locked doors. Same as all other mail and packages.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    Ummm.... they bring it in the lobby behind locked doors. Same as all other mail and packages.
    Yeah, mine would be sitting by the door outside for anyone to walk up and grab (outside the building). Not really the same thing :) Thus my concern. My purchases with AD's over the phone were left so I could pick them up with ID!

Congrats to OP on your purchase. I find the Cocktail Time to be a complicated watch. I don't know where or when or how to wear it. I don't have the panache to wear it as a dress watch, and it doesn't work as a weekend "going out" watch, and it's certainly not right for the office. It's beautiful and strange and unique, but I'm having a love-hate relationship with it. Please OP let us know when it arrives and what your reaction is to it and include a lot of pics. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vioviv View Post
    Congrats to OP on your purchase. I find the Cocktail Time to be a complicated watch. I don't know where or when or how to wear it. I don't have the panache to wear it as a dress watch, and it doesn't work as a weekend "going out" watch, and it's certainly not right for the office. It's beautiful and strange and unique, but I'm having a love-hate relationship with it. Please OP let us know when it arrives and what your reaction is to it and include a lot of pics. Thanks!
    Wear it with suits, to office, casually, at the bar, at playground, and everywhere else (not for beach or hiking\fishing though)
    Extremely versatile watch
    Name:  IMG_4316.JPG
Views: 490
Size:  228.4 KBName:  fall_sparkle.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  186.0 KBName:  IMG_4292.JPG
Views: 483
Size:  389.6 KBName:  IMG_4919.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  143.1 KBName:  winter-lights.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  149.2 KBName:  IMG_5568.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  311.4 KB
    Last edited by EnderW; October 4th, 2017 at 05:48.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information