First Luxury Watch Purchase! Need Help!

View Poll Results: Which Watch is the Winner?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Medium Small Seconds

5 18.52%
  • Omega Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy

11 40.74%
  • Zenith Chronomaster El Primero 1969 case

11 40.74%
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First Luxury Watch Purchase! Need Help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Luxury Watch Purchase! Need Help!

I plan on making a luxury watch purchase for the first time and I am really confused between 3 models. All of which I love and fit me really well. Firstly, I'd like to begin by saying that I have a fairly small wrist and I am looking for a watch that I can wear daily to work and on the weekends without thinking about it too much. I am mainly only concerned with a time function watch but an added date or calendar function would be helpful. My Budget is between $5000-$7000 USD. I would like to purchase a model which comes from a prestigious brand, containing an iconic in-house movement and a watch model that has a rich history. While I would eventually like to own a Rolex, I don't think it would fit well into the work environment I will be in and would be classified as very flashy, otherwise, It would be a no-brainer. The three models that I have a selected are:
    1. Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classic Medium Small Seconds Name:  1526441.png.crop.400.high.grey.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  35.1 KB
    2. Omega Speedmaster 300 Co-axial Master Chronometer from the 1957 trilogy Name:  soldier-23410392001001.png
Views: 62
Size:  241.5 KB
    3. Zenith Chronomaster El Primero with the original 1969 case Name:  03.2150.400_26.C714_image_standard.png
Views: 64
Size:  271.2 KB

While aesthetics do play a role in my decision, I believe that all these watches look good and I am more concerned about versatility and durability. Furthermore, I would like a watch that will hold value well as even though I do not plan to sell it, I hope it won't fall in value dramatically. I am also an avid diver and while I do have a Seiko SKX007 for this purpose, it would be nice to know I can go diving with my watch if I ever want to. I also plan to service my watch often and would hope that it would have a low cost and turn around time.

Thank you for your help.

Re: First Luxury Watch Purchase! Need Help!

Because it’s to be a “mixed use” watch I’d go for the Omega.
    Leon O and LordBrettSinclair like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Because it’s to be a “mixed use” watch I’d go for the Omega.
    Also, since you are an avid diver, the Seamaster reflects your interests and may start the theme for your future collection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I echo the others in saying omega is the most versatile watch out of the three.
    I wear my omega all days of the week and most of the times matches well with any outfit.

Casio Edifice Chronograph || Hamilton Navy Pioneer || Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 45th Anniversary LE

Rolex is "flashy", but the reverso isn't? I'm confused.

on mobile

Another vote for the Omega. Love the look, dress it up or dress it down, the vintage lume look gives it pop without being too much to go with almost any outfit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    LordBrettSinclair likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bakshidh17 View Post
    While aesthetics do play a role in my decision, I believe that all these watches look good and I am more concerned about versatility and durability. Furthermore, I would like a watch that will hold value well as even though I do not plan to sell it, I hope it won't fall in value dramatically. I am also an avid diver and while I do have a Seiko SKX007 for this purpose, it would be nice to know I can go diving with my watch if I ever want to.
    I would NOT go diving with the Reverso nor with the El Primero. The latter has a WR of 100m, but it is a chronograph without screw-lock pushers. Don't do it.
    So in your case I would go for the Omega.

On the other hand, nothing wrong with getting the Reverso for work and using the SKX for swimming and diving. The El Primero has a nice movement, looks nice but I think readability in this color scheme is not that good.

Sorry to go with the herd, but I suspect crowd wisdom is coming into play here - the Omega is not only attractive in its own right, it's also the most versatile all-round piece. Also, chronos are great, but will you actually use the complication? It impacts on future service costs.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Plus one the herd. I was shocked to see without perusing the poll in advance I picked the majority opinion. The Omega is a gorgeous watch that will work in more siruations than the others and lets face it—-it simply looks the coolest.

All three great watches. All three have very soft resale so I wouldn't worry about it. I would go for the Zenith but on a bracelet, especially if you need the date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information