First nice watch. Zenith elite, Omega AT, IWC pilot xvi, longines master autmatic
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First nice watch. Zenith elite, Omega AT, IWC pilot xvi, longines master autmatic

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

First nice watch. Zenith elite, Omega AT, IWC pilot xvi, longines master autmatic

Hi all. Like many before me I am searching for my first nice watch. Ive been browsing the forum for a while reading up, and am finally ready to make my first purchase. Thanks in advance for all your help. Eternal gratitude if you are selling one of the watches i am looking for.

I am 22 and will be working in finance. I want a watch that is versatile as it will be worn pretty much all the time with jeans and with suits. It must have a leather band and be automatic. Additionally I want to buy a preowned watch that will not lose too much value if i decide to flip it later on. I am not committed to any face color i like white, blue, black. I would probably prefer a silver/steel dial though.

So far I am pretty torn between the zenith captain elite, the omega sea/railmaster at, the iwc pilot mark xv(i), and the longines master collection automatic. I have included mediocre pics below. Please let me know which one you vote for, if you know someone who is selling one, and how much i should expect for 95% condition. Alternative ideas are also welcome.

Amazon.com: Zenith Elite Captain Central Second Mens Automatic Watch 03.2020.670/01.C498: Zenith: Watches

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/my-new-blue-aqua-terra-various-straps-464590.html

eBay.com.sg: NEW IWC CLASSIC PILOTS MARK XVI MENS WATCH IW325501 (item 370418322420 end time Sep 30, 2010 21:12:33 SGT)

L2.665.4.78.3 - The Longines Master Collection - Watchmaking Tradition - Watches - Longines Swiss Watchmakers since 1832
    Last edited by stos; November 27th, 2010 at 20:15. Reason: better link to omega

Re: First nice watch. Zenith elite, Omega AT, IWC pilot xvi, longines master autmatic

You might try to find a Montblanc Star Automatic. Great looking watch and should be at/under $1000 if you can find one used. You can even get one new here

Re: First nice watch. Zenith elite, Omega AT, IWC pilot xvi, longines master autmatic

I havent ever even spent 10 percent of their new prices on a watch, but I have been lusting over the IWC since I was like 3. I just think that out of the three choices it is the classiest looking and least gaudy.
    Cheers,
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

for some reason im not particularly sold on the montblanc although i like the blue on white contrast. it might just be that i prefer arabic numerals or no numerals. Also for similar price i think the longines looks better. Any idea on how much used versions of the zenith, omega, and iwc go for these days?

thanks again

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

GO Sixties

Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I love it. However i think its a bit more expensive then the rest. What i am realizing is that since im looking at used watches that arent in large numbers i cant narrow my search to one specific watch. I have to look at watches that are for sale. Other than the classifieds on here and ebay, where might i search?( I am from nyc.)

i also like the b&m classima executive. like the 8735. im not sure if its too dressy to go with jeans. Any opinions?

Zenith and Omega options are in-house, which some people prefer. Of the watches you mentioned, though, I like the IWC. That design and dial layout will not go out of style until something like 2655AD. If ever. I also think that watch looks the best on OEM leather, which you mentioned as something that's important to you.

Banned

I'd rate those watches in descending order just the way you posted them. The Zenith is the finest most special watch in there and it goes down from there, not that the Longines is any bad. All are very nice for me.

For an everyday watch the Omega might be the sturdiest in terms of built and water resistance. At least that would be my tip. But it's not manufacture. The 2500 is ETA 2892 based. The new AT 8500 could be called manufacture/in-house if not taken too strictly but not the old 2500.

The Zenith is the most elegant, no doubt. It also comes from a pure manufacture company and as such has an in-house movement which is often regarded as superior in prestige, if not necessarily in function, by WIS. So it's probably the watch with the most WIS-cred if that's important. It's also discreet in terms of brand name. Not many people will know the brand and even fewer will know that it's actually a very nice and expensive brand. But it looks like it has no lume. I think lume is important.

The IWC is perhaps just a bit on the sporty side of 50/50 sport/business. The Longines perhaps not quite in the same class as the others. Same for B&M.

Do think of the cost for new leather straps. If you wear it every day, the strap will last two years max. A metal band is cheaper in the long run.

Check chrono24 for prices.

zenith has my vote.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information