First post- dealer ordered wrong Oris Aquis strap
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: First post- dealer ordered wrong Oris Aquis strap

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

First post- dealer ordered wrong Oris Aquis strap

6 weeks ago, I ordered an Oris Aquis with bracelet from my local AD. When I paid for the watch, they told me it would arrive in a week. Next day, they informed me the watch was back-ordered and would arrive in 3 to 4 weeks.

Yesterday, my watch finally arrived. But after going to the AD, the watch came with a blue rubber strap! They apologized and said they would overnight the bracelet and swap it out for me.

Apparently, the watch wasn't 'my watch'. It was for their general inventory. The watch I ordered was still on back order.

My question: will having the watch with a swapped out strap hurt resale?

After this debacle, this watch purchase has left a bitter taste in my mouth. What would you do?

Re: First post- dealer ordered wrong Oris Aquis strap

Ask them if you can keep the blue strap watch until yours comes in. Otherwise turn it in and wait for the watch you ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex C. View Post
    6 weeks ago, I ordered an Oris Aquis with bracelet from my local AD. When I paid for the watch, they told me it would arrive in a week. Next day, they informed me the watch was back-ordered and would arrive in 3 to 4 weeks.

Yesterday, my watch finally arrived. But after going to the AD, the watch came with a blue rubber strap! They apologized and said they would overnight the bracelet and swap it out for me.

Apparently, the watch wasn't 'my watch'. It was for their general inventory. The watch I ordered was still on back order.

My question: will having the watch with a swapped out strap hurt resale?

After this debacle, this watch purchase has left a bitter taste in my mouth. What would you do?
    I have no idea why you'd be bitter, other than the fact that you accidentally got a watch that wasn't intended for you... otherwise, swapping straps is no big deal at all, or you could easily just wait for the correct watch to show up. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    Colombia, mleok, rfortson and 1 others like this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"Resale"? What did you buy the watch for, to wear or for an investment?
    rfortson likes this.

Kind Regards
    Deleted by moderator
    G.F.Yung

It would hurt resale relative to a watch that was absolutely unworn, but I'm assuming you bought the watch to wear?

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Wait, did you pre-pay the entire amount for an Aquis? And it didn't show up for a month? Not a deposit, but the full price???

Don't get me wrong, the Aquis is an excellent watch, but that's crazy to me. It's not like a ceramic Daytona where you have to beg and plead with your Rolex dealer to sell you one. They may validly be back-ordered but the non-limited models are something you could easily find elsewhere, or wait until they come into stock if nothing else.

If it *is* an LE, you don't want to mix and match parts.
    Dave_Mc likes this.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

There is no resale issue on an Oris Aquis if it was originally sent from the factory on a strap but you put a bracelet on it. None at all. It will depreciate just as if it had come from the factory on the bracelet.
    I had no idea there was a wait time on the Aquis; grey market dealers seem awash in them.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), 5740-8000 Lord Marvel 36'000 (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

I think i understand the op's thought of the bitter taste in mouth. All the actions that occurred are benign, it is just the words coming from the seller doesn't add up and implies a lie.

I had purchased a pair of sunglasses for my wife one year while back and while she found the pair she wanted, the one in display had a few swirls on the acetate in prominent and noticeable areas. She asked them if they could order a new pair as they had only that pair in store. They said yes and we waited a few weeks.
    However after the few weeks we called back inquiring about it. They stated at that time that they just got a fresh pair from Italy that day. I was thinking hmm, what a coincidence they just got it the day we called and for this chanel sunglasses, I know they don't come from Italy, it sounded dubious , but we complied and went in

When she got the pair it was already "out the box" and handed to her. I took the sunglasses and keenly observed that if you look carefully, the same swirls were there just they polished the frames to sort of hide em.
    My wife didn't care, she just took them but I knew they lied.

I wish they would have just said " look we couldn't get another pair sorry we tried. " but they went the lie route. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm not saying that that is what happened to the op, being lied to, but I can understand his concern
    Last edited by debussychopin; May 10th, 2018 at 06:36.
    OvrSteer and Dave_Mc like this.

I would be most concerned about them scratching the watch when removing the straps and fitting the bracelet.

Welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information