First Post - Need Some Advice

Thread: First Post - Need Some Advice

First Post - Need Some Advice

Hello...found this site recently, very cool. I've always appreciated nice watches and have become more and more of a "watch dork". I'm looking to add to my small collection and am having trouble choosing....hope you all can give me some good advice.

Currently I have a Tag Heuer Link (quartz), Gucci tuxedo watch, and a Bell & Ross BR03-92. All three of these watches have black faces, so I'm looking to get something with a white or silver face. Want to spend around $5k +/- a bit.

I'm looking at an Omega Speedmaster Date chronograph (silver face), a Rolex Milgauss (white face), and a Ulysses Nardin GMT Dual Time (silver face - I found one of the old smaller case models at a good price).

Thoughts? The Milgauss is the only Rolex model I like, primarly because it's a bit different with the orange hour marks & second hand. I don't have a chronograph, so the Omega would fill that niche also.

Very interested in your opinions.

Re: First Post - Need Some Advice

Ball Deep Quest silver face, index markers on bracelet(ETA movement under budget)
    Zenith Retrotimer stainless steel on bracelet (slightly above budget on grey market)
    Last edited by sea0bass; January 29th, 2012 at 23:34.

The Omegas and Rolex are fine pieces, the movements are top notch, but overall they are a little nondescript in my opinion. I picked some additional considerations. Gave you chronos to kill two birds with one stone for you. If you are interested in any, particularly the MBs, PM me and I can make some AD recommendations...ADs I have worked with and received very good prices and service from. Good Luck!

Breitling Navitimer. 42mm. Modified ETA. $5850 MSRP.

Baume et Mercier Capeland 10006 in stainless. A modified 7750 with Flyback. Beautiful dial. 44mm. Relatively rare. $5500 grey market.

Montblanc Star 4810 in SS. A modified 7750. White dial. Stunning dial detail. 43mm. Rare, particularly compared to Rolex and Omega. $4900 MSRP.

Montblanc Timewalker Chrono. Modified 7750. Interesting and beautiful casework. $5100 MSRP.

Name:  montblanc_09671.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  18.7 KB

Zenith El Primero. In house 36,000 vph movement. Silver dial. 42mm. $5700 grey market.

Name:  81kl0r8ogBL__SL1500_.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  177.8 KB

Baume et Mercier Capeland 10000 in stainless. A modified 7750. White dial. 42mm. $4300 MSRP.

Name:  81+Cn7ANOSL__SL1500_.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  209.5 KB

All photos stolen.
    Last edited by Roller.959; January 30th, 2012 at 00:50.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some of these are a bit outside your budget, but I think they may be worth considering.

Name:  39-58-02-02-04_main.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  65.4 KB
    Name:  3714-17_main.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  70.7 KB
    Name:  IW356501_main.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  68.0 KB
    Name:  w7100015_main.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  78.8 KB

You didn't mention if you're open to pre-owned watches.

If you are, you will open yourself to many more options.

I'd recommend you look at a nice Cartier.
    Final Collection:
    AP RO 15300 (White Dial)
    Rolex Explorer II (White Dial)
    RM 005 WG
    PP 5167A
    AP FC Diver

Hers:
    Rolex GMT IIc Two Tone
    Cartier Ballon Bleu
    PAM 111

Quote Originally Posted by HPoirot View Post
    You didn't mention if you're open to pre-owned watches.

If you are, you will open yourself to many more options.

I'd recommend you look at a nice Cartier.
    Wow, you guys have given me a lot to think about - thank you. I've never seriously considered pre-owned. Also, for whatever reason Cartier's don't do it for me - never seen one that I gave more than a passing glance.

I love my UN Michelangelo. It's a unique piece unlike most watches you see around. I have stainless with silver face and Roman Numerals. I was I awe when I first tried it on.

I have a rose tinted view, but it would definitely be different than your other watches.

Thread Information