First post: Short video demo of an interesting movement...

Thread: First post: Short video demo of an interesting movement...

First post: Short video demo of an interesting movement...

Hi,

For my first post, I thought I'd start with a contribution, rather than a question...

Here's a short video of an interesting quartz movement with alarm, chronograph, world timer and perpetual calendar: the 6m15 by Seiko. Two examples, one from Age of Discovery series. I also compare it to the H144 from Citizen. A shot of a Skagen appears as well. Enjoy!

Questions are coming...

Re: First post: Short video demo of an interesting movement...

I'm a sucker for these kinds of commemorative releases so your post has caused me to look closer at the whole Age of Discovery line (even if I seem to be about 20 years too late). Thanks for the video.

P.S. I have no idea how you remembered how to access all those functions. I own an Oceanus and on a good day I might be able to figure out how to start the chronograph without referring to the instructions!

Re: First post: Short video demo of an interesting movement...

Well, I wore the same watch 12 years daily, including college; traveled to seven countries with it. So I got to know it inside out. It is still my favorite: Nautical references, gun-metal colored case, gold plated crown and push-buttons, off-white dial, roman numerals, brushed gold sub-dials surrounded by a thin shiny gold circle, mechanical switching of the function sub-dial, dial distorting domed crystal, I like it all... I would've liked to meet whoever designed it...

It is a complicated watch though... it took me a while to figure out how to transfer the time in other zones to "the main time zone". That is one cool feature. Practically I set the watch once I change the battery, and never worry about the time until the next battery change. Different time zone, daylight savings time, not a problem...

Add self charging (preferably solar) and ultra-high-accuracy (temperature compensation or high-frequency crystal) and that would be my ideal watch.

I was lucky to find another one in much better condition than mine, which I use now.

Thread Information