First real watch...bought a Tag.....did I make a mistake? Give it to me straight.
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: First real watch...bought a Tag.....did I make a mistake? Give it to me straight.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

First real watch...bought a Tag.....did I make a mistake? Give it to me straight.

Hello all...I am new to the forum. My years of hunting, buying, selling, watches has become an addiction. Recently I sold my entire collection of mistakes to start over. It was only 12 watches...nothing worth even mentioning. Basically none of the watches were really grabbing me anymore.
    So my first watch out of the hole was a Tag Heuer Carrera Twin Time Calibre 7. I was able to purchase the watch for a good deal brand new at $1950.00 so I dont think I am under water.....yet. :)
    One of the reasons for joining the forum was because I need help making better decisions to eliminate all of the buying and selling of mistakes. Since I have purchased my Tag I have unfortunately come across some of the negativity about the brand on the internet. Now I know the angle of....its all about if I like it.....etc. But this is the most money I have ever spent on a watch and it is my dress up piece so i would like to be proud of it vs ashamed of it due to its bad wrap.

So give it to me straight.....I can take it. Is this a quality time piece or a piece of junk? Can anyone explain to me why Tag is getting shunned in the community??? I am a novice so I dont really understand the movements and their intricacies. Yes I checked out the Carrera Club with many proud owners....and yes that gave me some confidence. But I want to hear from the folks that arent in the Carrera club....to find out maybe why they arent in the club :) ....
    Its not a big deal...if it turns out that my watch is not a respected time piece I will just sell it and with the help of this forum I will get me a respected time piece!

Thanks in advance.Name:  twin 1.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  179.4 KBName:  twin2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  148.1 KBName:  twin3.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  157.3 KB

Re: First real watch...bought a Tag.....did I make a mistake? Give it to me straight.

TAG don’t make junk but they are IMO overpriced. I don’t give the brand a hard time but I could never bring myself to wear one. Let’s just say that we’ve all got our monsters under the bed and TAG is mine.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Re: First real watch...bought a Tag.....did I make a mistake? Give it to me straight.

Nothing wrong with Tag at all. And that particular one is a great choice.
    However,I would suggest seeking opinions first then making a final decision.
    Enjoy the watch.
    Oh-and buying a watch because it is a "respected timepiece" is silly. Buy it because you like it.
    Zeroedout, David G. and Jim44 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Don't be too harsh on yourself or on the Tag! While they are not anything truly special, some of them are collectibles and some are worth owning also. They make good quality pieces, it's just that the price (new) is too high in many people's eyes.
    Enjoy your watch, it's a good piece.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Live with it awhile to see if it's a keeper. And try not to over think it, life's too short. Enjoy!
    Zeroedout and joelbny like this.

I think the Tag Heuer Carrera design is very sharp looking. There are a lot of folks that don't like Tags but there are plenty that do.

I say wear it proudly and enjoy your ownership.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    TAG don’t make junk but they are IMO overpriced. I don’t give the brand a hard time but I could never bring myself to wear one. Let’s just say that we’ve all got our monsters under the bed and TAG is mine.
    I second this. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.
    Zeroedout and bigclive2011 like this.

Ummm. It's a good quality watch. Tag is a reputable brand. The watch itself is well made.

Why worry about what other say? As for negativity on the internet... well it's everywhere.
    This is a case of - if you like it, why worry. And quality if solid, so subjective criticism (like advertising, brand ambassadors, or relative pricing) should not be a factor
    Zeroedout and Killarney like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Great replies already. I appreciate the honesty. Now that I have the Forum future decisions will be discussed first. Right now 2k is my max for my stallion.....so I cant afford the Speedy Pro :) ....I know that baby is a sure winner. That being said it is almost too popular for me. Thats why I strayed from the Submariner even though I have always dreamed of owning one. With the help of the forum I will hunt down less main stream winners in my near future.
    Zeroedout likes this.

You want to dial whst you read on a watch forum back by about 80% and bear in mind that most posters who knock a watch have no idea what they are talking about and probably never held the watch in question.

That watch looks good on you. You're doing fine.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information