First time online watch buyer, need advice on this potential gold watch purchase...

Poll: Real or fake?

Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First time online watch buyer, need advice on this potential gold watch purchase...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First time online watch buyer, need advice on this potential gold watch purchase...

Basically I'm pretty sure that this watch is fake. I'm in Philippines and this watch is being sold on the website Lazada by Taobao Collection, a Chinese supplier.

I'm not allowed to post links here (what kind of rule is that by the way?) but if you search this term on Lazada.ph:
    Luminous 18k gold stainless steel with a waterproof watch brand name watches

Then you'll see the watch I'm talking about.

Anyway, the pictures on the page don't look right to me. Some of them definitely look photoshopped? And the price (about $105) doesn't seem to match up with the beautiful appearance of the watch. It says 18k gold too.

I also google searched the brand name of the watch (Bansdon Chronometer) on Google and found nothing.

If the watch is actually 18k gold, I'm fine with getting it, even if it's a Chinese knockoff/fake brand. I just want a flashy gold watch at a cheap price.

Re: First time online watch buyer, need advice on this potential gold watch purchase...

I’m not sure but if you’re not happy about it that’s good enough reason to give it a miss.

Re: First time online watch buyer, need advice on this potential gold watch purchase...

It is a cheap crappy Chinese watch. Simple as that. And of course it is not full 18k,maybe 1 micron plated or just gold colored.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

18k for $105 ? Think. Good you are not yet entitled to post a link. Saves us headache.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

The fact that it said '18k gold stainless steel' indicates that it's gold plated.

If you really believe that you can buy a solid gold watch for $105, I've got some lovely real estate lots in Atlantis to show you.
    mleok, brandon\ and ffritz like this.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Can I change my tune slightly please? It’s most likely not fake but neither is it solid 18K as you perhaps think.

Haha guys I know that it isn't solid 18k. What I'm talking about is the fact that if they are willing to use a fake brand name (no results in Google?), as well as photoshopped pics, then how can I even be sure that there is any gold at all? Even gold plate? Lol. I'll be happy if it's gold plate. If it's a fake brand, well whatever. I'll take that brand over myself and own it lol (not serious)

Phil, did a little digging into Taobao and it seems that their reputation isn’t exactly illustrious. That alone would be enough to prevent any of my hard earned going their way.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilWatch View Post
    Haha guys I know that it isn't solid 18k. What I'm talking about is the fact that if they are willing to use a fake brand name (no results in Google?), as well as photoshopped pics, then how can I even be sure that there is any gold at all? Even gold plate? Lol. I'll be happy if it's gold plate. If it's a fake brand, well whatever. I'll take that brand over myself and own it lol (not serious)
    I'm not quite sure how you're not answering your own question. Honestly, with all these concerns, if you go through with this purchase, it's on you.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I looked it up to see how bad it is…

I had to look at it, now all of you do, too.

I’m going to clear by browser history now. I feel dirty.
    Last edited by brandon\; November 14th, 2017 at 20:25.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information