First time poster, long time lurker.

Thread: First time poster, long time lurker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First time poster, long time lurker.

So, I'm buying up a bunch of decent looking "beaters". My pride and joy, Omega Seamaster professional chronometer (silver bezel) has been acting funky, not holding a charge, & different fellows have diagnosed different ailments, so I keep collecting beaters at dirt cheap prices, but thought I'd get some input from some people who might actually know what y'all are doing. In no discernible order my collection contains:

-Aforementioned Omega

-Sector 600 Chrono Diver (yellow face)

-Festina "Tour de france" Edition Biker (white face)

-Seiko Black Monster (steel strap)

-Invicta Pro Diver Chrono (black face)

-Seiko "14k Gold Ingot" dress watch

-Father's gold mechanical Omega from the 40's or 50's

-Technomarine TMY 02

-Invicta "Yachtmaster" Automatic (rear glass shattered and logo piece on face came loose. Sad story there.

-Sector 2500 Chrono.

I've had my eye on a few Luminox and Swiss Army jobs, as well as a new Omega, and that Citizen beast of a dive watch, and trying to find a few more variations of the Sector 600, my favorite everyday wear watch.

Any other suggestions? Feel free to throw anything my way.

Thanks

Re: First time poster, long time lurker.

You'll like Lum Tec better than Luminox, Lum Tec makes great watches.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by munkynutss View Post
    Any other suggestions?
    Yeah: get your Omega serviced.

Or did you mean for watches to buy? How about a Roger Dubuis Easy Diver? Or maybe a DeBethune DBLM, Hysek Colosso or Uwerk UR103? That's the ticket! Ooooo, there's always a Marc Jacobs skull watch and a Corum Lucifer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

v76

Get your dad's Omega serviced by Omega in Bienne. Sell all your other watches and get a Grand Seiko

Edit: Keep the Seiko Monster and also get yourself a G-Shock
    Last edited by v76; December 3rd, 2011 at 18:10. Reason: Omission of Seiko, G-Shock
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

The question that has no one definitive answer: How many beaters does one man need???

Curious as to why the Omega wouldn't hold a charge unless it was a bad movement. Let us know what ends happening with it. Welcome, btw.

Thanks, all. Appreciate the input.

As for the Seamaster, yeah...I'm fairly sure it's something in the movement that's borked. A friend online (certified Swiss watch builder/repairer) diagnosed it as a mainspring problem. Every time I decided to take it in to get it fixed, something came up that used up the funds to do so.

Then my local place that I trusted went belly up. So I'm in the market for a new shop I trust that's local.

Also forgot to add my Seiko Kinetic Sports 200.

I'ma look up a few of the brands mentioned here. Which might end up eating up my Omega repair fund again.

BTW, that Lum-Tec suggestion was spot-on. Nice looking pieces there.

So let me get this straight... you've got tons of beaters that work well (with the exception of one), and you've only got 2 high quality watches (both omegas) that should be serviced.

Considering all of that you're looking at buying another "beater"? That makes no logical sense...
    Omega, Steinhart, Seiko, Glycine, Tissot, Tag Heuer, Citizen, and a few others...

No, just wondering what other brands I might consider should I decide to start getting rid of a few of the everyday wear ones that don't get worn every day.

The vintage Omega runs, and I do not wear it. The other will run, just not well but when the time came each time to get the $300+ service done, something came up. I've bought two watches since then for every day wear, less than $150 for the two combined, and with Amazon.com gift cards to boot.

The first time I went to get the Seamaster serviced, the A/C crapped out and needed parts. I won't bother with every instance, but things like that happen whenever I get the scratch saved to fix the watch. Just life, I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information