Fiting a 24mm Caoutchouc Rubber Watch Band on 23mm lug to lug size watch
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fiting a 24mm Caoutchouc Rubber Watch Band on 23mm lug to lug size watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SOG

Fiting a 24mm Caoutchouc Rubber Watch Band on 23mm lug to lug size watch

I wonder if anyone have tried to fit a 24mm Caoutchouc Rubber Watch Band on 23mm lug to lug size watch?

in worst case, I have prepared to cut that 1mm off the band, but the sale person told me the Caoutchouc Rubber
    is very flexible... and it should just squeeze in without the need to cut it...

Anyone tried? but 23mm seems not common for a watch... I wonder how they decide the lug to lug size.

Re: Fiting a 24mm Caoutchouc Rubber Watch Band on 23mm lug to lug size watch

I have not tried rubber but I have put 1mm over-sized leather and NATO straps on a number of watches without issue.
    SOG likes this.

If the strap is a bit undersized it should work. Most of the time it will look like a strap was squeezed in. If it bothers you then shave the sides if you are good with a blade. My recommendation is to keep looking for the right size.
    SOG likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

SOG

Thanks Both, I will try to get a 24mm and see what happen... will post a photo later if possible :)

Squeezing the 24mm rubber strap in 23mm lugs would not be hard.
    Getting them out is much harder though, and potentially the risk of getting scratched lugs is very high, unless of course you are very skillful with the tools.

Also when i tried to squeeze 22mm strap in 21mm lugs, the strap was getting additional pressure on spring bars and they eventually popped out after some time (it was a tough leather strap). I've to admit though that this happened only once but still this might be a bit risky...

so if you ask me, it's better if you shave off the extra mm, especially if you do not intend to use that strap in your other watches :)
    SOG likes this.

Tried 22mm rubber strap on 20mm lugs - it does not look good and indeed it bends the spring bars. Better shave it with a razor blade but be careful not to cut too much.

Since than, I switched from rubber to nylon NATO - much better IMO.
    SOG likes this.

It is absolutely no problem. I have just done exactly that, fitted a 24mm rubber strap on a (Citizen) 23mm sized watch. It looks fine.
    SOG likes this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

The strap should fit in O.K. Even if it needs a bit of squeezing to get it in. However, try it first. The Orient M Force has 23mm lugs but I understand that a 24mm Nato fits it as snug as a bug in a rug.
    SOG likes this.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I fit 1mm oversized leather, nylon or rubber straps onto watches all the time and never have any difficulty getting them to fit. 0.5mm of strap compression per side is miniscule, and not even noticeable when mounted. The only time it would be a challenge is with a very thick strap.
    SOG likes this.

SOG

I am planning to try to fit a HIRSCH Ayrton 24mm on it...
    Actually can try to fit a 22mm... but it wouldn't look good.. so let me try a 24
    and see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information