Follow Up...Wrong Choice! Wife Gives Green Light...Stowa 1938 or Alpina 130 Heritage ??? - Page 6
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Follow Up...Wrong Choice! Wife Gives Green Light...Stowa 1938 or Alpina 130 Heritage ???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: HELP/ Wifes Gives Green Light...Stowa 1938 Chronograph or Alpina 130 Heritage ???

What happened to the case back engraving ? It does look partially scratched ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: HELP/ Wifes Gives Green Light...Stowa 1938 Chronograph or Alpina 130 Heritage ???

I agree with Mike. Not just the movement, but the caseback looks like it was lightly gouged. Considering how briefly the watch was owned, either it was scratched before getting sold or the OP has some really abrasive wrist hair
    Der Amf and Tony Abbate like this.
    Consolidation complete! Down from 17 watches to 2 grails + 3 support
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

Re: Follow Up...Wrong Choice! Wife Gives Green Light...Stowa 1938 or Alpina 130 Heritage ???

Not a very pretty movement to begin with..., but, GAWD ! ! Not only all that has been mentioned but that 'corrosion' looking stuff just doesn't fly.
    Tony Abbate likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Edit...didn't read the whole thread.
    Last edited by Raza; November 13th, 2013 at 20:43.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

You are not crazy. Between the movement and the case back I'd put that right back in the box and send it back to where it came from.
    Tony Abbate likes this.

The watch was never even tried on.

Some of that looks like fibers from the soft cloth I used on the rear crystal. I tried to wipe it thinking maybe some of that mess was on the crystal..It wasn't. No more Alpina's for me.

Thanks everyone for the imput.

The Stowa will be awesome. Should have listened to us voting for it! Joking :)

Be sure to post pics once it arrives. Beautiful blond watchmaker girls are now building it for you. :)
    Tony Abbate likes this.

well this was the right choice all along...its sublime.

The brown croc strap is still enroute. I ordered it with the standard/ non onion crown which I prefer.

Thank for all the feedback.

Name:  DSC00107.JPG
Views: 383
Size:  282.8 KB

Name:  DSC00099.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  248.5 KB
    Last edited by Tony Abbate; December 5th, 2013 at 22:06.

Stowa. Because it's beautiful!

Goodness me. I bought the Marine Chrono, and love it, but that is a stunner. Well chosen sir.

God help me if I buy another watch after this last few months though, it'll have to wait unless their Advent Calendar deal makes one available for an irresistible price...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information