Forgive me father for I have sinned...It has been three weeks since my last purchase
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By larkja
  • 2 Post By G07
  • 1 Post By V.I.T.
  • 1 Post By larkja
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: Forgive me father for I have sinned...It has been three weeks since my last purchase

Forgive me father for I have sinned...It has been three weeks since my last purchase

Just providing a little levity. I am a serial flipper, but recently picked up a Grand Seiko GMT and haven't bought or sold in three weeks. My collection consists of a GMT, a pilot (Archimedes), a diver (NTH), and a beater (g-shock). Can't say I've kicked the habit, but I have sure slowed down.

Kinda feels good
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Re: Forgive me father for I have sinned...It has been three weeks since my last purchase

Well done! Comical post.

Re: Forgive me father for I have sinned...It has been three weeks since my last purchase

Sounds like you're quite satisfied with your current collection....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G07

Where the h*ll are the pictures? :)
    Coldtail88 and Slm643 like this.

I did the same when I bought my Tudor earlier this year. I just don't really care to flip anything right now; if anything, I may sell off a bunch.

The Tudor has ruined most of my other watches and I barely wear any of them now.
    larkja likes this.
    Breitling Super Avenger, Casio GA-100 1A1, Certina DS Action Diver, Citizen AT8020-03L, Citizen AT8110-53E, Glycine GL0063, Panerai 111, Panerai 505, Parnis Pilot, Raymond Weil Allegro 4817, Steinhart Ocean One GMT
    Seiko: 6139-6002, SARB065, SKX009, SRPB41, SRPB49, SSAK053

Quote Originally Posted by G07 View Post
    Where the h*ll are the pictures? :)
    Here ya go. One spot remains for a dress/sport watch. Really like the Aqua Terras, but I'm done spending that much on a watch. The GS will be my last larger $$$ purchase in a while. Would like to find something under $1,000. I know Seiko also has some offerings, but nothing is jumping out at me.

Just noticed the pic. The Casio is an atomic watch. Notice it and the GS are right on. The GS has been running for 3 weeks without me touching it.

Name:  watches.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  151.9 KB
    Uberscreamer likes this.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

As the recipient of a self imposed watch famine I feel qualified to say that the first month is the hardest.
    larkja likes this.

Haha! I’m with you. I’ve laid off buying for awhile, but am really trying to find a new diver and am running into mild fit issues with my ~6.5” wrist so it’s order, try on, return or sell, rinse and repeat. I’ll eventually get there. :)

You are a braver (and probably happier) man than I, as you really seem to enjoy flipping.

Nice post.
    larkja likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Twehttam View Post
    Haha! I’m with you. I’ve laid off buying for awhile, but am really trying to find a new diver and am running into mild fit issues with my ~6.5” wrist so it’s order, try on, return or sell, rinse and repeat. I’ll eventually get there. :)
    Not sure if you like the offerings from Chris Ward, but he came out with a new Trident in 38mm. Seems like he made some nice changes, especially the hour hand.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Thread Information