Fossil DF-2001

Thread: Fossil DF-2001

Fossil DF-2001

I'm trying to find any information regarding a watch I bought back in 2001 from the fossil website. I have searched and searched for quite some time and I haven't been able to find any information. The model is the DF-2001 and was part of the DF-2000Series. This is all information that is on the bottom of the watch. I purchased it in February of 2001 from the fossil website and it was $450. I know it is very expensive for a fossil, but I was not disappointed when I received the watch and it has been an everyday watch ever since. I had taken it to the fossil store in Chicago after I got it to have a couple of links taken out and the employee's were pretty excited to see it in person. I don't have any specifications, but I can tell you that it has some weight to it for a fossil. The crystal is very thick and has a pronounced curve, almost like a magnifying glass. The face is white with three black chronograph dials and the fossil defender logo next to the date. It has a screw in crown with DF on it.

After coming up empty on all of my searches, I was hoping that somebody has some information on it. Thanks for your time.

Name:  Fossil_DF2001_Front.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  454.2 KB

Name:  Fossil_DF2001_Back.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  409.1 KB

Re: Fossil DF-2001

Decent looking watch.

Do you still have it?

What is it you would like to know about it?

Have you asked Fossil?

Welcome to the forum. You probably already know as much as possible about your Fossil. Modern watch companies don't do much in the way of serial number publication although there are exceptions with very high end stuff.
    If it's a mechanical movement we might be able to ID the type from a detailed photo but that's about it. For quartz maybe we'd know the country of origin.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeshopman View Post
    Decent looking watch.

Do you still have it?

What is it you would like to know about it?

Have you asked Fossil?

I do still have the watch. It's been a very solid everyday watch for me. I guess I was looking for anything I could find on it. Specs, movement, etc. I was thinking that since it was so expensive for a fossil, there would have been some info somewhere on the web. I haven't tried asking fossil, but I will reach out to them and see if they have any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You probably already know as much as possible about your Fossil. Modern watch companies don't do much in the way of serial number publication although there are exceptions with very high end stuff.
    If it's a mechanical movement we might be able to ID the type from a detailed photo but that's about it. For quartz maybe we'd know the country of origin.
    Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the feedback. I was curious about the movement, but also any other specs I could find out. I know this was a high end/expensive watch for fossil so I thought maybe there would be some info out there.

I'm sure there are members here with Fossils in their collection but I don't think its on top of many people's list as a highly sought after collectable.

Is it battery operated? or is it an automatic/hand cranker?

Fossil to the best of my meager knowledge is a designer brand, I think they design their watches, but somebody else makes them.

I could be wrong (again) however.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeshopman View Post
    I'm sure there are members here with Fossils in their collection but I don't think its on top of many people's list as a highly sought after collectable.

Is it battery operated? or is it an automatic/hand cranker?

Fossil to the best of my meager knowledge is a designer brand, I think they design their watches, but somebody else makes them.

I could be wrong (again) however.

Thanks for your response. I would absolutely agree that they're not highly collectible. I was only reaching out because it seems like somewhat of a better than your average fossil. I of course could be totally wrong in my thinking. I just figured I'd throw it out there and see if anybody knew anything.

The watch is battery operated.

I happened to be looking for information for the Fossil Defender series when I came upon your post. I purchased six of these watches new on eBay about ten years ago for about 10 cents on the dollar (retail). The DS 2000 series is definitely the high end for Fossil and I have both the DS 2001 and DS 2002, as well as other models in the series. These are very solid watches with high quality Citizen movements. I'm sure they are not collectable as a fine timepiece, but they were made in limited quantities and they have been out of production for ten years. It's important to note that the Defender series included lower quality watches as well. I believe the DF 2000 series watches were the best watches ever produced by Fossil and you should be pleased to own one. They are rare. I own many watches that have a more prestigeous name (and much higher price tag), but I still wear my Defenders because I like the look and feel. I am in the process of thinning out my watch collection so a few of these watches may return from where they came (eBay). Enjoy your Defender!

Quote Originally Posted by tryafly View Post
    I happened to be looking for information for the Fossil Defender series when I came upon your post. I purchased six of these watches new on eBay about ten years ago for about 10 cents on the dollar (retail). The DS 2000 series is definitely the high end for Fossil and I have both the DS 2001 and DS 2002, as well as other models in the series. These are very solid watches with high quality Citizen movements. I'm sure they are not collectable as a fine timepiece, but they were made in limited quantities and they have been out of production for ten years. It's important to note that the Defender series included lower quality watches as well. I believe the DF 2000 series watches were the best watches ever produced by Fossil and you should be pleased to own one. They are rare. I own many watches that have a more prestigeous name (and much higher price tag), but I still wear my Defenders because I like the look and feel. I am in the process of thinning out my watch collection so a few of these watches may return from where they came (eBay). Enjoy your Defender!

I'm glad to hear that somebody else has one of these watches. Let me know if and when you throw them on ebay. I may have some interest.

Thread Information