A Fossil-type brand in the 1970's?

Thread: A Fossil-type brand in the 1970's?

A Fossil-type brand in the 1970's?

Does anyone know what watch brands were around in the 1970's, making those "funky" style watches that Fossil has been recreating (in spirit) over the last few years.

I'm referring to watches that are fairly traditional in style but with a wide strap or some type or ornately designed leather strap. Such as the leather straps with holes or buckles. (Some of these styles you don't see today, but I've seen them in old movies and television.)

Or, maybe the straps were sold separately back then?

But still, I'm sure there must have been some kind of designer/fashion brand like Fossil that was selling the entire watch as well.

I appreciate if anyone has any info related to this. Thanks.
    ShockMister

Re: A Fossil-type brand in the 1970's?

The wide "straps" are better known as cuffs; as a kid in the mid-70s, I wore a watch on a black leather cuff with holes as you described. It was an "everyday" Timex quartz head; the cuff was after-market. These days they're also known as "biker" or "punk" watches...try searching on eBay using "cuff watch", "biker watch", or "punk watch" and you should come up with numerous examples.

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbernier View Post
    The wide "straps" are better known as cuffs; as a kid in the mid-70s, I wore a watch on a black leather cuff with holes as you described. It was an "everyday" Timex quartz head; the cuff was after-market. These days they're also known as "biker" or "punk" watches...try searching on eBay using "cuff watch", "biker watch", or "punk watch" and you should come up with numerous examples.

Mike
    Very cool. Thanks for the info.
    ShockMister

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The guy from that 70's show used to use one. I always wondered the same thing.

Thread Information