Found Omega Seamaster De Ville
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Found Omega Seamaster De Ville

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found Omega Seamaster De Ville

Hi, I recently found this Seamaster at a local thrift store. I fell in love at first sight! I had to have it! My only hesitation was the $10 price tag. My first thought was it can't be real. Then I thought, if it is a fake, I'm only out $10. So what do you guys think? It is stamped 14k GOLD under the 6 o'clock strap. The crystal appears to be plastic, which makes me nervous. On the back it has an IBM Quarter Century Club logo with a gentleman's name and a date of Nov 24, 1977.
    Name:  Omega Face.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  289.1 KB

Name:  Omega Back.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  288.8 KB
    Thanks for the help.
    Dave

If the crystal wasn't plexiglass/plastic, I'd be sure... It was fake. Looks pretty genuine to me. Looks like the case, dial, and hands are in pretty good shape. Congratulations on a great find. Unfortunately, getting it serviced will probably be a bit more than $10 bucks.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Re: Found Omega Seamaster De Ville

It sounds like it was someones 25 year anniversary watch that worked at IBM. As far as it being authentic I wouldn't know. I don't have enough know how on Omega watchs. But, if it is a plastic crystal I would be very doubtful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! I see you're in the Bay Area. I'm in the Sacramento area. Do you know of a good place close by to have it serviced?

Looks OK to me, Omega's of that vintage had acrylic crystals; it seems the thrift store were careless as from your description it has a 14k gold case, which is going to be worth at bit more than $10!
    johndozier likes this.

Thanks to everyone for your input. You're the best!

I saved a recommendation for a father-son team in the sacramento area who post things on ebay under rai_justina. Haven't used them personally. You might try getting in contact with them. I've had some work done by the Tick-Tock shop in Santa Clara, he did a great job but it wasn't a particularly complex one. Al at Archer watches is top notch and his prices are fair, but won't be cheap and you'll need to ship it to Canada and back.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

My inclination would be to believe it is authentic. Gold retirement watches were fairly common in the past, and I doubt that a reputable company like IBM would be giving out a fake to commemorate 25 years of service at the company. If it's solid 14K gold, then it should be fairly obvious just from the weight of the watch.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by weebee View Post
    It sounds like it was someones 25 year anniversary watch that worked at IBM. As far as it being authentic I wouldn't know. I don't have enough know how on Omega watchs. But, if it is a plastic crystal I would be very doubtful.
    This is a watch from the 1970's, and acrylic crystals are typical for watches from that era.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I doubt a company of that stature would give a fake. Great find.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information