Found one and am Bragging

Thread: Found one and am Bragging

Found one and am Bragging

Whats up everybody, I've heard a lot of talk of the grail watch and such. To me everyone's 'grail watch' is personal therefore diff for everyone. I stumbled upon this site and it is the best site for watches in general. You guys are truly experts and i love how much insight is gained from each post. Now I would like to brag. Because I've currently found my 'grail' (although i belive the grail being a myth, therefore the search will never end, however it has for the moment ended; for me).

I owned a Tissot PRC 200 (which I am now selling in the for sale section of the site ) which is a totally awesome watch. For me it was the looks. Probably the sharpest in its price range. The case was thick enough and I received compliments often on the watch. But i always felt it was a little too small for me, 40 mm case (w/o pushers). I wore it only on occasion because of this.

Anyway i started looking for a new watch and found the Swiss Army ChronoPro, with some pics and insight of one of the wus members (and an ebay caution) I started looking online for one, particularly ebay. Found one with the black face, black ring around bezel and pushers. This watch is exactly what i wanted. Heavy, 42 mm case, oversize pushers are nice, and automatic. as long as I have this watch on my wrist (minus night time) the time it keeps is accurate , i sometimes notice it is off by a minute or so, but honestly, the occasions where a minute matters are rare (though they do exist).

My favourite thing about this watch would have to be the bracelet and the black accents. So yes, I came close to becoming an addict like some of you, but for now i'm off the hook. Good luck in your endeavors as i'm sure the day will come. And for some of you if not most, will probably still be collecting even pass the day the grail is discovered.

Thats it, the end of my rant

I'll try and get pictures up

Re: Found one and am Bragging

Congrats, and enjoy your new friend. You are smart not to hang around here........this place is a sweet den of horological iniquity, and only the most hearty of souls can withstand the severe addiction that starts to control you.

Wear in in good health. (you'll be back..)
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

"(you'll be back..)"

Haha ... its true

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Boy.oh..Boy
    You tellin me...?
    I get a watch in the mail.......damn there's another on the way.....and I hardly get the packaging open..Till I'm back to the comp,trying to find that watch I misplaced....Is there no end.........???
    "All instruments born to marking time truly live lives having a mind of their own"
    Sir: Hamington

Yep...that Swiss Army Pro.....is a good-un.
    I think I don't quite see the need for such a thick case...
    The thicker,the more you'll scrap it on things....
    It would come in handy I suppose,if ya needed to chock the tires on a Duce and a half.......
    With that said.....I just left a reply,about the link sizes on bracelets..at another post
    The Chrono Pro ..does have one of my favorite features on the SS bracelets.
    They have those smaller 1/2 size links down near the clasp,adding to the ability of a better fit adjustment....... Horray ... Swiss Army.
    Now go back to the lathe and cut some of that blockieness off the case.
    "All instruments born to marking time truly live lives having a mind of their own"
    Sir: Hamington

I just looked at an image of your watch model on the Swiss Army website (http://www.swissarmy.com/Timepieces/...&product=24162&). That's a nice one...wear it in good health!

(Funny side note: reading the description, they describe the watch as having a "push button deployment clasp". Wouldn't you think that a Swiss manufacturer would know to use the correct term "deployant" instead?)

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

I love the thickness, although have banged it against a painted cement wall already, was pretty worried but I just wiped oof the paint and the crystal is still flawless,and the 1/2 links are awesome. If i had to pick a downfall with this watch it would be the lume. Doesn't last very long at all. But other than that, this watch suits my style perfect.

Thread Information