FP Journe perpetual vs Jaeger and thoughts on perpetual
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: FP Journe perpetual vs Jaeger and thoughts on perpetual

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question FP Journe perpetual vs Jaeger and thoughts on perpetual

Weeks ago, asked the selection between different watches. Then, last weekend, decided to buy a Jaeger ultra thin perpetual. But found a new brand (to me) called FP Journe. They also have a perpetual. I searched a lot from website, but the resources are limit. Although the price doubles, but anyone knows if the FP perpetual is better than the Jaeger ultra thin perpetual on the aspect of durability?

Also, I asked some watch lover around me, they said the FP Journe perpetual is amazing, but for the durability and longevity, it even cannot compare with my old Ulysse Nardin. And it is because the complex of perpetual that makes its weaker than the normal function with seconds, minutes, hour and date. Is it true?

CheersName:  FP_Journe_QP_two-shot_560.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  28.8 KBName:  L1200205.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  280.5 KB

Re: FP Journe perpetual vs Jaeger and thoughts on perpetual

I’m not sure what your question is? Is the FPJ durable? It’s a mechanical watch. I wouldn’t go to the gym or swim with it but for normal activities it will be fine. Also the FPJ is a much nicer watch then a UN.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

I can foresee the JLC's subdials becoming harder and harder to read as my vision deteriorates with age, and that alone would make me choose the FP. As far as durability is concerned, I sincerely doubt you could go wrong with your choice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would stick to your original plan of buying the JLC Perpetual Calendar.....very nice watch with a superb movement and there's NO reason to spend double for the FPJ.
    mleok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokovakian View Post
    I can foresee the JLC's subdials becoming harder and harder to read as my vision deteriorates with age, and that alone would make me choose the FP. As far as durability is concerned, I sincerely doubt you could go wrong with your choice.
    Go wrong. What does this means?

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I’m not sure what your question is? Is the FPJ durable? It’s a mechanical watch. I wouldn’t go to the gym or swim with it but for normal activities it will be fine. Also the FPJ is a much nicer watch then a UN.
    Sorry of the misunderstanding. 1. FP perpetual and Jaeger perpetual, which one is better durable? 2. Are all perpetual watches are not as durable as watches with normal functions (seconds, minutes, hours, date).

Quote Originally Posted by U5512 View Post
    I would stick to your original plan of buying the JLC Perpetual Calendar.....very nice watch with a superb movement and there's NO reason to spend double for the FPJ.
    Thanks for your kind suggestion. Will see

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron 99 View Post
    Go wrong. What does this means?
    To "go wrong" in this context just means to make a bad choice, which you have definitely not made with your choice. JLC is one of my favorite companies, and I'll be buying one eventually.

[QUOTE=Rokovakian;48795619]To "go wrong" in this context just means to make a bad choice, which you have definitely not made with your choice. JLC is one of my favorite companies, and I'll be buying one eventually.[/
    Thanks. Will consider carefully

There are many more parts in an annual/perpetual calendar because it has to accomodate the different month lengths, and do it in 2 spots. (Month and day.) Perpetual adds just that extra complexity and parts.

So fundamentally, no. A perpetual calendar is less durable simply because there are so many more ways for things to go south. That also means a service will be MUCH more expensive.

Secondary aspect: if you're gonna own a perp cal, are you going to wear it full time? Cuz if not, you'll need a winder. Resetting a perp cal is rarely fun...and that also means, your expensive-to-maintain is running full time.

Discounting financial issues, 2 things make me lean to the Journe. #1: more legible. The arrangement of the windows is excellent; they're very readable all at a glance. #2: the PR. If ever there's a watch that screams "I need a PR indicator!"...it's a perp cal.
    vkalia and Chris Stark like this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information