Franck Muller Advice

Thread: Franck Muller Advice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Franck Muller Advice

Hi all

I am thinking of buying from the below URL a FM 8900 titanium.

Franck Muller

Does anyone know from the photos whether it is genuine?

Or how do i tell if it is genuine?

I was looking on the net and it seems that the box for this FM is black and not wooden as shown in the pictures.

Grateful for advice.

Re: Franck Muller Advice

From chrono24, better than average it's real, consider another brand.

Probably no other watchmaker, apart from Rolex, has been so copied and exploited by dishonest sellers than Franck Muller. His association with Vartan Sirmakes, a shady character, to be polite, was an unmitigated disaster. The brand appears to still be in trouble: 200 of 428 employees were terminated in 2009, and in August 2012, the Jura branch of the company was liquidated, with another 100 employees sent packing. In October 2010, the société Pignons Juracie, part of the group, in Lajoux, was liquidated. Poly-Indus was sold.

While Chrono24 usually offers good quality and reliability, mostly from European sellers, you have to remember it is only an aggregator, and as such, they have no direct control over who advertise in their pages…

Personally, I would never, ever drop US$6k on a watch I have not handled myself, and been allowed to check thoroughly, including a looksee at the movement… In this specific case, there are no pictures of the movement…

And the watch is in Hong Kong????!! For Pete's sake: RUN!! and don't look back!!!

Moreover, this watch, frankly, is really ugly, like much of what FM does…

But that is a question of personal taste.
    Last edited by Francois Boucher; June 22nd, 2013 at 08:48.
    François – Quebec City, QC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    And the watch is in Hong Kong????!! For Pete's sake: RUN!! and don't look back!!!
    Did you see the description?

They do say that they do NOT ship overseas which indicates that it must be picked up in person. (I don't know where wouldn't be "overseas")

Maybe the OP live in Hong Kong and doesn't mind picking it up and paying cash.
    Chronic flipper...

Hi Guys thanks for your views... Keep them coming... I am able to collect it in HK... The seller did mention that I can be refunded if its not real.. Does the franck muller shops generally assist in verifying its authenticity?

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda78 View Post
    Hi Guys thanks for your views... Keep them coming... I am able to collect it in HK... The seller did mention that I can be refunded if its not real.. Does the franck muller shops generally assist in verifying its authenticity?
    They would authenticate it for you - yes.

Inactive

I know that dealer in HK and have purchased from them before. Pretty much guaranteed it is genuine and you'll get a good price. FM is still quite popular in Asia, but definitely not as popular as it was in the 90's, thus, if you like their watches, you are lucky to be able to get good discounts like on this piece. And for that price, it is much better than getting a boring Omega or Rolex.

The only Franck Muller ever interest me is the Classic Collection....

Name:  fr0405-2.jpg
Views: 3432
Size:  58.5 KB

Hi Guys

For the Franck Muller Grand Prix watches does the serial number run up to the thousands?

It seems to me that it only runs up to 3 digits.

But it cannot be possible that there are only a thousand pieces in the world for a specific model. But if there are more than one thousand pieces and if the serial number does not extend beyond 3 digits, wouldn't there be watches of the same model with the same serial number?

If you trust the seller then it'll probably be genuine, and vice-versa. Ask for references. The serial number of the watch in the picture is irrelevant - it could be a genuine watch pictured but the seller could send you a fake one. Or a cucumber.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information