Franck muller pvd problem!!!

Thread: Franck muller pvd problem!!!

Smile Franck muller pvd problem!!!

Hi all- any help or advice would be much appreciated!!! I have a franck muller king conquistador cortez (10000 sc k nr) with a pvd case. Unfortunately this case has now become very worn down and accumulated quite a few scratches, to the point of becoming a bit of an eyesore! I know that pvd cases can't really be refurbed and now have come to the frightening prospect of having to order a new case from FM directly. I'm really wondering whether anyone has any experience in sending watches to them before or if anyone can give a rough idea of how much this may cost? Thanks for the help

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar
    Sorry I can't help with the cost of a new case but you could have the current one finished to the natural metal. PVD comes off really easy when bead blasted. It then can be polished and brushed depending on what finish you prefer. Just an option.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: Franck muller pvd problem!!!

I believe you can also contact Jack at IWW. His shop does a ton of custom work to include the PVD process. He's been around for a long time and has an excellent rep.
    The body will never go, where the mind has never been.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko SBBN040 Golden Tuna, PAM 579, JLC MC Diving Chrono GMT NS, PAM 190 8-Days, Rolex DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa '07 T-Graph & 750T Carribean, Rolex TT DJ, RXW MM20

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions guys, will look into it : )

I have no experience with Frank Muller but I would assume that like with most watch companies sending your stuff off to them can be very costly and often no better, sometimes even worse than your local watchmaker. I would say going down to bare metal is your easiest option that a skilled watchmaker could probably do fairly easily for much less than Frank Muller but if you do end up sending away for a recoating I wouldn't send it to Frank Muller and it would be a good idea to find someone that will do a high quality DLC coating, it will hold up a lot better than PVD. Really no need for a new case, you could probably get another high end watch for the price of that case. Frank Muller's aren't cheap and I would expect that that includes the cases. You also might wanna think about getting a custom leather strap with a nice patina and going for a vintage look, some people take steel wool or other crazy things to there PVD just to get the look you may already have. I'd love to see some pics if possible. Whatever your decision I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,

Jay

I have no experience with Frank Muller but I would assume that like with most watch companies sending your stuff off to them can be very costly and often no better, sometimes even worse than your local watchmaker. I would say going down to bare metal is your easiest option that a skilled watchmaker could probably do fairly easily for much less than Frank Muller but if you do end up sending away for a recoating I wouldn't send it to Frank Muller and it would be a good idea to find someone that will do a high quality DLC coating, it will hold up a lot better than PVD. Really no need for a new case, you could probably get another high end watch for the price of that case. Frank Muller's aren't cheap and I would expect that that includes the cases. You also might wanna think about getting a custom leather strap with a nice patina and going for a vintage look, some people take steel wool or other crazy things to there PVD just to get the look you may already have. I'd love to see some pics if possible. Whatever your decision I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,

Jay

Thanks for your thoughts jay- makes sense. I will fully explore my options before committing to anything. As i'm sure you're aware, FM's don't really hold their value and am therefore not too keen spending a mini fortune on it when i could just as well buy a perfectly good stainless version for the same price! Nonetheless, thanks for the well wishes, they are much appreciated : )

Thread Information