Frederique Constant fake or not? HELP!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Frederique Constant fake or not? HELP!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frederique Constant fake or not? HELP!

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking for a simple dress watch for my wedding next year that also has the potential to become a family heirloom.

I kind of have my heart set on either a Frederique Constant FC-303S5B6, or FC-303V5B4. Cheapest I have found them at an AD is around $1,200AUD, but they are on eBay for as little as ~$700. (Frederique Constant Mens Index Silver Dial Automatic Strap Watch FC 303S5B6 | eBay)

As of writing this, the seller Sigmatime has 2,471 transactions at 99.8%. Their website states "We are not authorized dealers, and neither is anyone else selling on the internet. Authorized dealers need to charge the full retail price of the watch, in order to be accompanied by the manufacturer’s warranty. Instead, we offer a great discount with our own Sigma Time warranty." (FAQ items in Sigmatime store on eBay!)

So my question to you all is: Can genuine watches be sold by non ADs, and if so, are these watches genuine?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

P.S., apologies if this has been posted on before.

Re: Frederique Constant fake or not? HELP!

Not sure if that watch is fake or not, but this is def the wrong forum as FC does not belong in the high end watch forum.

Edit: watches can be sold by Non AD's but you usually wont have a warranty and usually the grey market dealers take off the serial number so the AD who sold it to them does not get in trouble for that. Rule for buying any pre owned watch on ebay or from a dealer is to look at their reputation, buy the seller first.
    Last edited by MKIVdan; November 2nd, 2013 at 03:51.

Apologies, I wasn't sure where I should post this. I guess high-end is a relative term :|

If a mod could move this to the appropriate section it would be much appreciated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You are probably not a long time lurker to post this here :)

I did not have a look at the link but doing a fake Frederic Constant when you can do fake Rolexes or fake Panerais and sell 10 times more seems a bit strange.

I did think of posting in the Frederique Constant SubForum, but considering it is moderated by a "prominent authorized dealer", I felt I may be getting somewhat biased advice.

As for whether or not fake FC's exist - a quick Google suggests they do.

Quote Originally Posted by exostencil View Post
    I did think of posting in the Frederique Constant SubForum, but considering it is moderated by a "prominent authorized dealer", I felt I may be getting somewhat biased advice.

Heck, I've been told they make fake |Nv!€[email protected] as well!
    Galactic Sushiman likes this.
    Δός μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω.
    Give me where to stand and I will move the earth

Archimedes quoted by Pappus of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by exostencil View Post

I am not suggesting they don't exist, there are fakes of pretty much everything everywhere. Just that they are extremely rare.

A FC with a $1200 MSRP is probably sold for less than $1000 in an AD new, since you buy on ebay to a non-AD you obviously get an additional 20-30%. Pretty logical price.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Sushiman View Post
    I am not suggesting they don't exist, there are fakes of pretty much everything everywhere. Just that they are extremely rare.

A FC with a $1200 MSRP is probably sold for less than $1000 in an AD new, since you buy on ebay to a non-AD you obviously get an additional 20-30%. Pretty logical price.
    Ok, I must have misunderstood your first post.

So I guess my question then becomes: How do non-ADs get these watches to sell if they're not authorised to deal the watches? (this may be a fairly noob question about retail, but I don't quite understand this aspect of the industry).

Yes. Genuine watches can be sold by non-AD. It's called grey market. The seller is question is legit. I would not worry.

If you like the watch, go ahead.

FC offer very good value for the money. Some of their offering are extremely pleasing to the eye and your wallet. The latest FC Slimline Moon is quite a beauty. In-house movement and can be had for under 2k grey market.

The FC moto is affordable luxury and FC does definitely NOT belong in this forum. Lovely watches nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by lmcgbaj View Post
    Yes. Genuine watches can be sold by non-AD. It's called grey market. The seller is question is legit. I would not worry.

If you like the watch, go ahead.

FC offer very good value for the money. Some of their offering are extremely pleasing to the eye and your wallet. The latest FC Slimline Moon is quite a beauty. In-house movement and can be had for under 2k grey market.

The FC moto is affordable luxury and FC does definitely NOT belong in this forum. Lovely watches nevertheless.
    Thanks Imcgbaj, I've just been reading up about the grey market after you mentioned it. Much appreciated!
    lmcgbaj likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information