Frederique Constant - heavily discounted
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Frederique Constant - heavily discounted

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Frederique Constant - heavily discounted

Anyone know why some FC watches appear to be so heavily discounted? From what I've read they manufacture their own movement for some/all watches (e.g. FC-700). Is there a known issue with their movement? Here's a couple of examples I have seen online:

Ebay sample
    The watch gallery

I have seen more. These are quite aggressive discounts which make me a little skeptical of the quality... anyone have any insight?

Re: Frederique Constant - heavily discounted

I've handled some FC watches and quality seems to be pretty good. All the feedback I've seen and heard from owners is also positive.

Would not look at discounting as an indicator of quality here. Most FCs are discounted on par with similar entry-mid level Swiss watches like Tissot and Hamilton. Typical discounts range in 30-45%. Amazon is a really good place to get a benchmark pricing for these brands.
    Now this particular model is likely heavily discounted due to having unusually high-point for FC to begin with. Unlike most of what they sell, this has in-house movt, which means higher-price. but it competes with other FC offerings and Tissot\Hamilton that are available at much lower price-point. hence it was likely discounted to move the inventory. $2,600 MSRP (in US) is a bit aggressive for that watch from FC, despite inhouse movt. At that price people can look at Nomos or even Zenith.

Quality is fine, but a name that is unknown to the average 'Joe Bag of Donuts' on the street.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

FC puts out some quality watches. I wouldn't let discount percentage dictate the quality of a brand. Hell, Jomashop has Zenith watches up right now for 50% off.
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

I know you shouldn't let it influence you, but you got to question these things when you're going to spend this amount of money. I'm considering the Frederique Constant Maxime as a possible purchase, I just don't want to buy something that might have an issue with it from the get-go.

hmm that may have come off a bit negative now that I read it. no malice intended. your point is well taken though, and I think it's not so much the amount of discount that grinds people's gears here so much as setting MSRP at ridiculously high prices and then offering "Steep discounts." This is why, amongst other things, Invicta, Stuhrling and the like get a bad rap
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

I also don't think that the amount of discount should sway you away from buying their watches. The creator of the company did say that $1000-5000 dollar area is what they are targeting and the discount would mean that you can get a really well made watch for a low price. Win win. In their offering, I was really in love with their world timer. That watch is awesome, beautiful, a true world time instead of a gmt, around like $4000 but can be had for a lot less. Had I not receive my recent watch as a gift. I would have picked that one up in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-40% discounts of MSRP are quite common with watches in general, and FCs tend to fall at right about that spot. So 50% just represents a good price, rather than some ridiculous giant discount.

Their watches are generally quite good. If the slimline moonphase were available in 39mm, I'd be wearing it right now.

I believe the models you have shown are quite old, these were I think one of the first series using their in-house movements. They have since launched the Slimline and Slimline moonphase a few years ago, which are still holding decent value on the grey market for a relatively unknown brand. Their new series is just coming out with open heart complication on the in-house movement.

I believe the models you have shown are quite old, these were I think one of the first series using their in-house movements. They have since launched the Slimline and Slimline moonphase a few years ago, which are still holding decent value on the grey market for a relatively unknown brand.
    Jomashop currently has the slimline moonphase for 58% off, and I've seen similar discounts elsewhere. Those discounts more reflect the nature of the brand and its pricing than the age of the watches.

And it's a gorgeous watch. Seriously, for $1600 it's a freaking steal. If you have wrists large enough to reasonably wear an all-dial 42mm dress watch, you should be considering this watch. FC represents excellent value at its actual street prices.
    spidaman, bb-man and blowfish89 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information