Free catalogues for £6.99
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Free catalogues for £6.99

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Free catalogues for £6.99

What do you say about an ebayer/ebayers who sell(s) FREE (current!) watch catalogues for money on ebay ?

Free enterprise or they've got an absolute damn cheek ?

(I've just found one , and then another by sheer chance)

I say

I've just proved they were free by ordering one example (there were plenty of others) direct with the manufacturer (Nomos)
    Last edited by watchma; November 1st, 2013 at 21:40.

Re: Free catalogues for £6.99

I have no problem and actually applaud the many sales of vintage or at least OOP ad, promotional material or manuals as I have bought some in the past and appreciate they are available. On the current catalog issue I more in the "meh" category.

Well if someone is stupid enough to buy a current free catalogue for £6.99 then more fool them!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Phineas Taylor Barnum has said that one of those buyers is born every minute. More power to the seller, they keep the wheels of commerce well greased!
    Nokie likes this.
    Caveat lector

For once Watchma I can go one better. The current Oris catalogue is totally free from an Oris AD or you can go onto the Bay and pay £9.99 for one. When I mentioned this to the AD I use he said they they normally threw them away once new ones had been issued but this year they might make an exception and sell any they had left on Ebay.
    watchma and Tsujigiri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    What do you say about an ebayer/ebayers who sell(s) FREE (current!) watch catalogues for money on ebay ?

Free enterprise or they've got an absolute damn cheek ?

(I've just found one , and then another by sheer chance)

I say

I've just proved they were free by ordering one example (there were plenty of others) direct with the manufacturer (Nomos)
    I've got no problem with that whatsoever. Everyone knows they are free catalogues but if someone lives in a country where they can't get hold of certain ones and someone else wants to sell one what is the problem? It's not like £6.99 is extortionate for something that might be collected by someone. What if I went out and bought a new watch from an AD and they gave me a free gift such as a pen or a cap, would I be so wrong to then sell it on Ebay? Of course not. If people want to buy (for a small sum) something that was originally free I don't see a problem as long as they are not being duped into thinking they are buying something very valuable or rare when it isn't, etc.

Sent from my GT-I8160
    Der Amf likes this.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    For once Watchma I can go one better. The current Oris catalogue is totally free from an Oris AD or you can go onto the Bay and pay £9.99 for one. When I mentioned this to the AD I use he said they they normally threw them away once new ones had been issued but this year they might make an exception and sell any they had left on Ebay.
    Crazy world we live in

I don't think companies like NOMOS would be so willing to ship free ones if they knew no-marks were selling them on via ebay.

The same guy seems to sell OMEGA LIFETIME Magazine over and over , which as far as I can see is also free lol

I should shut up cos in the feedback the buyers all seem very happy with their purchase which they could have got for free !

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    What if I went out and bought a new watch from an AD and they gave me a free gift such as a pen or a cap, would I be so wrong to then sell it on Ebay? Of course not.
    One-off freebie I wouldn't mind, this guy seems to have built a business plan around it !
    Last edited by watchma; November 1st, 2013 at 22:10.

Just goes to show that doing advanced recon is always a good thing to get as many options as possible.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Why would people want to buy a catalog in the first place? To pay for the privilege of finding stuff to pay for?
    jsw41 likes this.

We used to load down customers with them, it's a major deal with Breitling to have them given out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information