The fruits of my labor, yum... Happy Labor Day!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Formerguide
  • 1 Post By 403acmash
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski
  • 1 Post By ljb187
  • 2 Post By ljb187
  • 1 Post By Drop of a Hat
  • 1 Post By Perseus

Thread: The fruits of my labor, yum... Happy Labor Day!

The fruits of my labor, yum... Happy Labor Day!

So, got up at 3am to start the smoking process. Full pork shoulder, held my temp at 240 for almost 11 hours. Cherry wood, hickory, and one small piece of mesquite. My rub is a cumin based, with lots of spice from dried hatch chiles, cayenne, black and white pepper. Smoothed out with dried ginger and cinnamon, and Amish brown sugar, oregano, and dill. Under layer of mustard before the rub, my mop is apple cider vinegar, lemons, pepper, and apple juice. Oh, and of course, brined the shoulder the night before.

About to shred it, my Longines says it's time. Happy Labor Day all!

Dan

Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

Re: The fruits of my labor, yum... Happy Labor Day!

FYI, smoked on a Kamado Joe ceramic grill. Just happened to take the pic while it was sitting on top of my stove...

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

I'm sorry, where exactly did you say you live, again?
    Formerguide likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Address please and are shorts a t-shirt and sandals OK?
    Formerguide likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by Formerguide View Post
    So, got up at 3am to start the smoking process. Full pork shoulder, held my temp at 240 for almost 11 hours. Cherry wood, hickory, and one small piece of mesquite. My rub is a cumin based, with lots of spice from dried hatch chiles, cayenne, black and white pepper. Smoothed out with dried ginger and cinnamon, and Amish brown sugar, oregano, and dill. Under layer of mustard before the rub, my mop is apple cider vinegar, lemons, pepper, and apple juice. Oh, and of course, brined the shoulder the night before.

About to shred it, my Longines says it's time. Happy Labor Day all!

Dan

It takes a lot to push that watch into the background - especially when it's already in the foreground, but with that pork you've managed to do it! Enjoy your exquisite pork, that terrific watch and you're family - which I'm sure beats the pants off both - on this Labor Day!
    Last edited by ljb187; September 4th, 2012 at 07:38.
    Formerguide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 403acmash View Post
    I'm sorry, where exactly did you say you live, again?
    He lives in Arizona. I say we start with the larger cities like Scottsdale and drive around until we smell what he's cooked. If we bring a few six packs of decent beer and some interesting watches on our wrists he's bound to let us in!
    Formerguide and 403acmash like this.

I'll trade you my SMP and my soul.......just lemme get one piece.
    Formerguide likes this.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

A few of my co workers bought smokers. I don't think I have that much patience but I can sure grill a steak and fry up some wings or a turkey.
    Formerguide likes this.

Thread Information