Fun at Jared
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Fun at Jared

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Fun at Jared

Decided to get a Hamilton Khaki Field 38mm on a brown strap. Jomashop has them for $369 but if I can I'd like to at least try to support the AD if it does not get ridiculously expensive. The only AD's for Hamilton here in Phoenix that I could find were Jared jewelry stores. I call them to find out if they have one in stock. The saleperson has not a clue about anything related to the watch. He starts laboriously working his way through catalogs polling me about whether what he was finding was the watch I wanted. Eventually I go online myself to provide him the info. He asks me for the reference which I give him and he says he has it. I drive down to the store and it is the 42mm. He gets all indignant because that is the watch for the reference I gave him. I go home and Hamilton shows the same reference # for the 42mm and the 38mm. I ask myself who the expert is anyway - when was the customer supposed to hold the hand of the salesperson in finding their own merchandise? Decide to look at another Jared, but all they want to do is a live chat and I don't want to do the 40-mile round trip without absolutely knowing it is there. This is not the first time I have encountered clueless salespeople at Jared - just the first time someone has gotten indignant at me for me not doing his job properly. Decided the last thing I need to do in life is support a chain like them anyway, so Jomashop just sold a watch almost by default.

Banned

Re: Fun at Jared

Sadly, I wouldnt expect much more from a chain jewelry store.

When I go to Hamilton's (and Tissot's) website and search for ADs near me, the local Jared is the only one listed within 75 miles. When I go to Jared's website and look up the specific store local to me, Hamilton (nor Tissot) show up in the list of brands they stock and carry. I assume that if they sell them at all, it's on a special order basis.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fun at Jared

Quote Originally Posted by MX793 View Post
    When I go to Hamilton's (and Tissot's) website and search for ADs near me, the local Jared is the only one listed within 75 miles. When I go to Jared's website and look up the specific store local to me, Hamilton (nor Tissot) show up in the list of brands they stock and carry. I assume that if they sell them at all, it's on a special order basis.
    No, theyíre definitely a stocked brand. Bottom of the left hand column

Iím not surprised the staff in the store arenít watch experts. There are thousands of SKUs in inventory at a chain jewelry store like that and most arenít watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    rfortson likes this.
    Michael
    not actually mean, thatís just my face

Quote Originally Posted by Meanoldmanning View Post
    No, they’re definitely a stocked brand. Bottom of the left hand column

I’m not surprised the staff in the store aren’t watch experts. There are thousands of SKUs in inventory at a chain jewelry store like that and most aren’t watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybe your local Jared's. Not all Jared locations carry all of the brands that Jared lists on their main webpage. For example, only select locations carry Omega (as you can find if you do a dealer search from Omega's page). You can filter down to what a specific branch/location carries in their web search tool. When I select my local Jared's as a filter criteria, their list of ~32 brands drops to about 4 (Citizen, Bulova, Tag Heuer, and G Shock).

Edit: Just did a search a checked the "available for pick-up today" at my local store and only 3 brands showed up: Bulova, Movado, and Tag Heuer.
    Last edited by MX793; August 4th, 2019 at 01:02.