Fun in Shanghai

Thread: Fun in Shanghai

Fun in Shanghai

Currently in Shanghai, had some time yesterday evening to go through the Blancpain, Breguet and GO stores. Wow, what a selection, beautifully displayed. Wow, what insane prices (not that I was looking to buy). The Breguet store had an actual old style, manually operated guilloché machine on display. Very cool--unfortunately I didn't think to take any pictures, sorry about that. Definitely worth a visit if you are there. Didn't have time to go the Omega boutique, which was right across the street. Off to Hong Kong on Tuesday but probably won't have time to look around there. Again, not that I'm buying...

Re: Fun in Shanghai

If you get a chance to take any pix post them please.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The eye candy in China is out of this world. But buying would be tantamount to madness… Enjoy your trip!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    If you get a chance to take any pix post them please.
    Unfortunately, I didn't think to use my phone to take a few snapshots, sorry. Did have a couple of minutes in the Omega boutique last night, very nice, but no Moonwatch or FOIS. They had some other Speedies, and lots of DeVilles. They did have a Dark Side of the Moon, and I have to say, I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was the way it was displayed, in its box inside a small glass cube by itself as opposed to under brighter lights in the regular cases. But it didn't do anything for me. Good thing, give the price (either here or back in the US).

OK, not a watch picture but pretty cool. It's in the Shanghai City Museum--a 1:500 scale diorama of the city. In the Guiness Book of Records as the largest in the world, took ten years to make. Quite amazing. I'm here at least once a year, next time I'll get some watch pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information