• 15 Post By liujin08
  • 4 Post By Quotron
  • 4 Post By brrrdn
  • 3 Post By Jephen
  • 1 Post By rfortson
  • 1 Post By chicolabronse

Thread: Funny Amazon Comment on IWC Portuguese Minute Repeater

Funny Amazon Comment on IWC Portuguese Minute Repeater

Was reading the sarcastic, often stupid reviews of very expensive watches on amazon.com to pass the time, when I came across this gem.

Actually laughed out loud. Literally. People next to me were staring at me

IWC Men's IW524205 Portuguese Minute Repeater

49 of 68 people found the following review helpful
    4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, love the minute repeater feature, May 3, 2012
    By
    Bob Jenkins "Bob jenkins" (PHX, AZ) - See all my reviews

This review is from: IWC Men's IW524205 Portuguese Minute Repeater Gold Watch (Watch)

Before I bought this watch my life was horrible. I was constantly stubbing my toe, or knocking my elbow into the fridge door in my cramped 179 square foot apartment. I was so clumsy, always dropping my 1992 Honda Civic keys while on the way to my job, where I work at the sanitation department. Luckily last month I bought this Portuguese Minute Repeater Gold Watch. Now whenever I fall down or do something terribly clumsy I just push the button on this watch and go back in time one minute. The Minute Repeater is an excellent feature for those who are endlessly clumsy like me. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because at times, appearingly random, the Portuguese Minute Repeater Watch will not send you back one minute in time but rather to Portugal. I tried looking in the manual and it says it will do this from time to time so the watch can be serviced by the makers, who dwell in a castle on the highest peak in Portugal. Unfortunately this feature of the Minute Repeater CANNOT be disabled. So before you use this watch make sure you have all the climbing equipment necessary to make the 39,034 foot descent from Mount Olympugal on your person at all times, as well as a valid passport in order to leave Portugal.

4/5 stars due to the fact I am spending a lot of money on one way plane tickets from Portugal to LA.
    Current Collection

Patek 5110g
    Cartier Calibre W7100009
    PAM 111
    Rolex Milgauss GV
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Longines Evidenza Chronograph
    GShock

Re: Funny Amazon Comment on IWC Portuguese Minute Repeater

I've caught a few of those...I would think they read and discard such crap, evidently they don't.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Ha that's great! Reminds me of the epic troll job Amazon.com reviewers did on that Bic "pens for women" product. Was hilarious.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome!
    "No ice in my drink, got enough in my watch..." -Juicy J

The best ones are about the Casio F-91W

Great for my non-terrorist timekeeping activities!, April 25, 2011
    By
    Mabuk

This review is from: Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
    As a non-terrorist I find this sits very comfortably on an infidels wrist. I principally use it as an IET (improvised egg timer), and would heartily recommend it to anyone (not being occupied by an imperialist banana republic) who wishes to launch a Jihad against runny eggs. Casio be praised!
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R1EW24Z...SIN=B000GAWSDG

This Is How I Identify My Fellow Operatives, April 26, 2011
    By
    John C Baruth II

This review is from: Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
    I received this watch as a gift after completing, ah, shall we say, a technical course with some guys from my church. At first I was nonplussed, since I had hoped my eternal reward would include a tourbillion complication, but I grew used to the idea of quartz timekeeping in the afterlife.

Pros: easy to spot when wandering around NYC

Cons: strap melts under extreme heat.
    Amazon.com: John C Baruth II's review of Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital S...

Captured by crazy military, Watch keeps Ticking even when my heart stops., April 25, 2011
    By
    Marrz

Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    As a middle eastern hipster it's easy for me to find old 80's American and Japanese technology at the local bazar. I spied this gem for a pittance of a chicken and HAD to have it. It was better then finding a fixie hauling PBR!! (If I were allowed to drink) No sooner had I strapped my retro classic to my wrist and checked the time that a black hood closed over my head. At first I hoped it was irony but I was wrong SO WRONG!

I was soon moving in a truck, I could feel sweat beading under the rubber strap of my Casio F91W-1 and knew the timepiece was still attached to my wrist able to tell me how long I'd traveled. Alas I awoke in a haze, as my hands clenched behind me I could not check the time.
    I couldn't distinguish the pain of the zip tie cuffs from my Casio F91W-1 smooth rubber strap but soon found my new watch dangling before my face as a man screamed "WHY DO YOU OWN THIS WATCH!?!" "To know what time it is I muttered meekly," I could see it was 1AM, I was missing Adventure Time being broadcast from the United States. "CAN YOU TELL ME WHY 32 OTHER TERRORISTS HERE HAVE THIS SAME WATCH!?!" I searched my brain, 32? That sales man said I had the only one in the country, I wasn't unique anymore? I was going to need a new watch. "They were all lied to by the salesman as well?" I answered still thinking I was being persecuted as a hipster yet again *le sigh. "A wise guy eh? We have ways of making you talk"

I was reluctantly given my watch back, I was told it was so I'd know which way to pray with my Casio F91W-1's compass feature but the man didn't believe that I wasn't religious but that my outfit was indeed chosen for irony. Seriously, robes in a desert, how do you not get that?

I soon heard through the grape vine that I've be transferred to Cuba, Knowing little of the world from my antique text books I thought Cuba was still the Monte Carlo of the American corrupt and looked forward to my pleasant tropical extravaganza.

What I underwent in Cuba was more horrible then `The Situation' trying to roast a Hummer H2 with Rebecca Black Singing Friday in the Front seat (or back) but despite years of agony and much water exposure my Casio F91W-1 still works keeping the time of my innocence alive.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RW6KFTS...SIN=B000GAWSDG
    Last edited by Quotron; October 22nd, 2014 at 21:17.
    Domo, rdoder, WatchNRolla and 1 others like this.
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

5 out of 5 for the best review I've seen. Makes me want to buy a minute repeater.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    I would think they read and discard such crap, evidently they don't.
    Why would they? These troll reviews are entertaining and generate traffic. More business for them.

Oh and the classic Zenith Defy reviews: Amazon.com: Zenith Men's 96.0529.4035/51.M Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Titanium Chronograph Watch: Zenith: Watches
    rfortson, rdoder, Quotron and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bamagrad03 View Post
    Ha that's great! Reminds me of the epic troll job Amazon.com reviewers did on that Bic "pens for women" product. Was hilarious.
    If you really want to have some fun on Amazon, you'll like the Haribo sugar free gummy bear reviews. Beats the Bic "pens for women" reviews by a long shot.
    Amazon.com : Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears 5LB Bag : Gummy Candy : Grocery & Gourmet Food
    rfortson, Quotron and rdoder like this.
    Glycine Airman DC-4 Purist
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster 300
    Rolex Datejust, steel and yellow gold Jubilee, champagne diamond dial
    Squale 1521
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300m Night Diver
    Tag Heuer Professional 200m (old quartz beater from dad)

Somewhere on Amazon, they have a list of their top reviews. It's mainly reviews like these, so it does drive traffic to their site. I bought the creepy horse head mask partially because of the reviews, and partially because it's just so much fun.
    brrrdn likes this.

Check out the reviews for "veet for men hair removal cream" hilarious!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK

chico
    Quotron likes this.

Thread Information