FYI on the rep thing.

Thread: FYI on the rep thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FYI on the rep thing.

This feature was added to another site I was on and it pretty much tore it apart. People would say the worst things about others because it was anonymous. People would create dupe accounts just to "neg rep" others.

As you can see it's already started here. No worries my feelings are not hurt, Over all this seems like a nice place to hang out. I can just see how fast it could get bad when people don't have to be accountable for what they have said.

Tried on two watches at... May 8th, 2008 19:33 I am dumber for having read this post. Diesel Geek should be flogged.

Re: FYI on the rep thing.

For what it's worth, I am on a very large forum that uses this same rep system and while a lot of people do get their feelings hurt and post threads about it (for which they are then banished instantly into the red) it does seem to keep the idiots and jerks posting less, or changing their behavior quickly. Just another perspective. I can certainly see your point and if I were the type to annoy others I would be nervous. Maybe that's the point. Haha.

+Rep for you, bud.

Diesel, if it makes you feel better please flog me. I don't really care for this rep thing nor can I understand what it brings to the table. I would say it hurts the forum as opposed to helps and I'm glad the friend thing went away as well. Obviously you feel hurt and it sounds more like someones playing a joke on you. So try and at least have fun with it old saying Do unto those as .......

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't feel hurt, I was just bringing it up because I've seen what it does to forums. \
    I've seen peoples personal info fly around, Personal photos, Racist remarks, Just any thing you can really think of I've seen posted. They had a thread on the other forum where people would post the reps. ( which just led to more) I stayed out of it. Any way again I'm saying I'm not hurt by one lil persons comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselgeek View Post
    I don't feel hurt, I was just bringing it up because I've seen what it does to forums. \
    I've seen peoples personal info fly around, Personal photos, Racist remarks, Just any thing you can really think of I've seen posted. They had a thread on the other forum where people would post the reps. ( which just led to more) I stayed out of it. Any way again I'm saying I'm not hurt by one lil persons comment
    Time to move ahead then. Gave you +1 so you can rank up again.

lol.. +1 from me too for the funny dog video.

OK I know what I will do, I will post dozen's of (+) ratings on everyone I like. Or on everyone who has a watch I like. Or on everyone with a funny video. Or everyone from FL. lol

This seems an imbecilic approach to the famous problem that did not exist.

So is the goal to be at (0)? That way you neither offend nor praise anyone? Of course not that i am being sarcastic, my rating will go down.

A bottom feeder idea if i ever heard of one!

IMHO

ANONYMOUS - lol
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

Quote Originally Posted by dbluefish View Post
    OK I know what I will do, I will post dozen's of (+) ratings on everyone I like. Or on everyone who has a watch I like. Or on everyone with a funny video. Or everyone from FL. lol

This seems an imbecilic approach to the famous problem that did not exist.

So is the goal to be at (0)? That way you neither offend nor praise anyone? Of course not that i am being sarcastic, my rating will go down.

A bottom feeder idea if i ever heard of one!

IMHO

ANONYMOUS - lol

Sorry D,

I have seemed to have lost where you are going with this. Are you saying Diesel is a bottom feeder? Are you afraid if you answer truthfully you'll lose your sacred rep count? Realistically if you want everyone to always say nice things about you and your watches all the time, there is a watch forum for that.
    Pro & con is good for a stimulant conversation. If you don't like any opinion given simply move along. On the other hand you can worry about what everyone thinks about you and your opinions and post lies to keep the dogs from barking. Totally BS to me. If you can't say it like it is no sense reading it or posting about it.

Don't worry D I don't hold your views against you just appreciate it more so.
    John

Did I miss the memo? How do you add or subtract from someone's rep power? Should not take long for me to get into the negatives! LOL.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

I guess I need to translate for the honored guest from the great Commonwealth! I meant nothing against Diesel nor really against anyone. I was merely noting that having a place where folks can talk trash anonymously, makes me think that those folks who hide behind anonymity, are "bottom feeders" If the shoe fits wear it.

If you read my posts I have never felt the need to not use my correct name and address. You don't like something i say, tell me. That is a part of what this forum is all about to me, at least. That and the tremendous watch knowledge here.

So read what you will but understand, I directed nothing towards anyone specifically and if I do, you will be named!

Diesel, hope you did not misunderstand me.

paul
    Last edited by dbluefish; May 9th, 2008 at 06:08.
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information