G-Shock Mudmaster or Tissot T Touch Expert Solar - help me decide
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: G-Shock Mudmaster or Tissot T Touch Expert Solar - help me decide

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

G-Shock Mudmaster or Tissot T Touch Expert Solar - help me decide

I wasn’t quite sure where to post this. I didn’t want biased responses by posting in the G-Shock or Tissot forums.

I know it is like comparing apples with oranges but I need help deciding between the Casio GWG-1000-1A3 Mudmaster or the Tissot T Touch Expert Solar, and if the Tissot should I get the Expert Solar of the Expert Solar II?

When I go on holiday or somewhere where I need or want some of the features such as barometer or navigation tools etc or when I need a watch that can take a bit of abuse I wear a Garmin Fenix 5X. However I am fed up with having to charge it regularly and it seems to be quite buggy in terms of the software. So I thought it would be nice to have something that had some of the features of the Fenix 5X but without the software issues or the need to charge it (It would save having to take charging cables etc when I go on holiday!).

I have been looking at the GWG-1000-1A3 Mudmaster but I have never had a G Shock before and my girlfriend's 14 year old daughter said I looked like Ben 10 when I tried it on in the shop! I had never heard of Ben 10 until then… I must be getting old!

I have had a T Touch before but I didn’t like having to change the battery but the T Touch Expert Solar would solve this issue. I have heard a couple of stories of display issues. Is that a common problem?

Maybe I need to get both eventually but I don’t think I can afford that at the moment so which should I go for?
    Last edited by Caterham Kid; May 9th, 2019 at 11:08.

Re: G-Shock Mudmaster or Tissot T Touch Expert Solar - help me decide

If using it outdoors, I’d prefer the Mudmaster over the Tissot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My preference would be the Casio G-Shock Mudmaster because the Mudmaster offers a lot more for the money than Tissot T Touch models. Plus, I know someone who had display issues as well.

A Blog to Watch has an excelent review on the GWG 1000-1A3 Mudmaster in case you have not read it:
    https://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-g...-watch-review/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

asio G-shock mudmaster for a do it ALL watch. Get the Tissot when circumstances permit. Good luck.

G-Shock are more robust
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

G-shock if you are going to really abuse it, but it is a big hunk on your wrist. The Tissot seems much more wearable, but pricey for what you get in comparison.

I have the Rangeman, which I would recommend as an alternative, but definitely do not get the negative display. Sometimes I wear it over my sleeve because it just don't fit under the cuff.
    bmfang likes this.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

Thanks for all the responses so far.

To be honest I spend most of my time sitting in an office but I do want a watch with those features that will stand up to the elements when I am out walking, on holiday or doing the DIY jobs etc.

Concerning the display issue on the Tissot, is that something that has been fixed in the T Touch Expert II or is the issue still the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Caterham Kid View Post
    Thanks for all the responses so far. . . Concerning the display issue on the Tissot, is that something that has been fixed in the T Touch Expert II or is the issue still the same?
    Posts numbers 17 and 18 where posted in the last few days in the Tissot forum regarding the thread: "T Touch Expert Solar Titanium display problem :( ".

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f62/t-...2724857-2.html
    bmfang likes this.

One thing that would influence my decision were it mine, is that Casio has been in this game for a very long time and has demonstrated the ability to deliver a reliable, durable and functional product at great price points and has garnered an extremely dedicated user base (including myself). I have no experience with the Tissot so I can't make a direct comparison and can't say which is "better".

I grabbed a GG-1000 Mudmaster recently and only have a few criticisms, one being it lacks a backlight for the LCD (it has a great backlight for the hands though).

The other is even more minor (and probably irrelevant) and that is the shear bulk of the watch. This is offset by the fact these watches are really meant for abusive environments, not for the office, so sliding discreetly under a shirt sleeve is of minor concern, coupled with its light weight which makes it effortless to wear.

I deliberately chose this version for its positive LCD display and white indices, both of which increase contrast and legibility under less than ideal light conditions, a real consideration if you have less than perfect near vision like I do.

Best wishes making your decision!

Name:  gshock-web.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  152.1 KB
    Simon and bmfang like this.

G-Shock. Very, very durable.
    Simon likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein