GADA Watch Recommendations (With very specific requirements...)
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: GADA Watch Recommendations (With very specific requirements...)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hey all,

A bit of a WIS challenge here. I'm after a go-anywhere-do-anything style of watch (a daily wearer, if you will), with some very specific durability, accuracy and size requirements to suit my wrist and lifestyle. I've been researching pretty extensively and I've only been able to find one watch that fits all my criteria, but I'm throwing this thread out there in the hopes that some of you savvy folks could enlighten me to watches that I've missed.

Without further ado, here are the requirements I want to meet:

Case size: 41mm or less in diameter, 13mm or less in thickness
    My wrists are on the small side (6.7") and prefer watches with no larger a case than 41mm. The thickness requirement is to be able to slip under a shirt cuff when needed, as soon as you get above about 13mm watches tend to protrude.

Water Resistance: 100M or greater
    I want to be able to swim, shower, sit in a pool or have a dip at the beach without worrying about the watch.

Magnetic Resistance: 1,000 Gauss (80,000 A/m) or greater
    My profession puts me in proximity with magnetic fields daily. While demagnetizing a watch is a relatively quick and easy process, I'd much prefer to have a daily wearer that I didn't have to worry about exposure to magnetism.

Scratch Resistance:
    Either shielded from scratches via a scratch-proof bezel (ceramic, ADLC, tungsten, etc) or a case made entirely of hardened material (ceramic, hardened steel, ADLC coated, grade 5 titanium, carbon fibre, etc). I don't want to have to baby the watch, and highly polished surfaces that attract scratches would inevitably irritate me.

Movement: Chronometer-certified (or greater accuracy) mechanical. I own a number of HAQ watches that I currently wear in rotation, but I'm looking to add a mechanical timepiece as a new daily wearer. It has to be accurate enough to be relied on (COSC certifications or better), and mechanical in nature rather than reliant on a quartz oscillator, for that anachronistic charm.

Budget: $10k AUD ($7k USD) or less

Ideally I'm looking for suggestions that meet all of the above criteria, rather than just some of them. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and propose some watches that could fit the bill, I look forward to your responses :)

Regards,
    Jason
    Last edited by Covenant; June 9th, 2019 at 06:04. Reason: Forgot to add budget...

Without knowing your price range, my suggestions are kind of mid to higher range:

Omega AT
    Omega Seamaster Railmaster
    Zenith Defy
    Tudor Ranger
    Milgauss

Out of these I would suggest the Railmaster- brushes steel everywhere and scratches are really hard to spot. Milgauss is a scratch magnet.
    Last edited by VanAdian; June 9th, 2019 at 06:09.
    ptfly and Synequano like this.

Re: GADA Watch Recommendations (With very specific requirements...)

Bremont maybe?
    Hardened cases
    Many have Faraday cages but don't know which
    Last edited by 41Mets; June 9th, 2019 at 05:54.
    8Days and Synequano like this.
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Damasko or Sinn, although COSC will not be written on the dial.
    Elmero, Horatius and Synequano like this.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), 5740-8000 Lord Marvel 36'000 (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

Not sure I know of anything that meets all of those. The watches mentioned above like the Omegas or Rolex meet all but the scratch resistance.

Sinn 856 would meet all of those except the certified Chronometer. It uses a Top Grade movement instead, which is a Chronometer grade minus the chronometer certification.
    Covenant likes this.