Gavox launches their first ever automatic watch!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ernie Romers

Thread: Gavox launches their first ever automatic watch!

Picture Gavox launches their first ever automatic watch!

Ok, I'll admit, this is NOT new to me. I already knew about the new watch when the owner of the Gavox Watch Co., Michael Happé, showed me the prototype when we met at Baselworld 2013. But hey, what was I supposed to do? Give you a sneak preview without his approval? No way, I would have done that. Did I like the watch? Oh yes, I much liked the watch!!

Therefore it is with even more pleasure to announce the official release of the first automatic Gavox watch! Drum rolls please ….

Watches of Excellence for Unique People
    Established in 2011 at the heart of Europe, GAVOX (www.gavox.com) is proud to unveil its first automatic watch collection.

We all carry within ourselves, traces of our past, making us who we are, forged by our fore-bearer's deeds. The Gavox "Legacy" takes us on a journey to the early 18th century when the founder's ancestor, a marine officer of the dutch marine fleet, sailed the oceans to explore the new world.

Inspired by marine time instruments, the new GAVOX Legacy collection is fitted with a sapphire crystal, a silvery dial with roman numerals and blue heated hands. The Legacy houses a sturdy automatic movement with custom date ring and rotor.

The collection is available in 4 different models, from bottom left to right:

• Ref. 436.5, with polished steel case, silver dial with small second register and date window.
    • Ref. 436.1, with black PVD-coated steel case, black dial with small second register and date window.
    • Ref. 458.5, with polished steel case, silver dial with small second register, day/night counter (Symbols) and date window.
    • Ref. 458.9, with polished steel case, silver dial with small second register, day/night counter (Golden stars) and date window.

Two Legacy models feature a 24 hours display. It helps to differentiate between ante meridiem and post meridiem 12 hours. The main difference between these 2 models lies in the design of the display.

One uses "Golden stars" (Ref 358.9), the other one uses "Symbols" (Ref 358.5).
    The Legacy collection comes in 4 models and uses 2 different mechanisms:

The Legacy Ref. 346.1 and 346.5use a custom version of the calibre 8218 from Miyota (Citizen Holdings). It features hours and minutes, a small register at 4 o'clock showing seconds and a window at 6 o'clock showing the date.

The Legacy Ref. 358.5 and 346.9models use a custom version of the calibre 8219 from Miyota (Citizen Holdings). It features hours and minutes, a small register at 4 o'clock showing seconds and a window at 6 o'clock showing the date. An additional register located at 8 o'clock displays the main time in a 24 hour format.
    The case is water-resistant to pressures of 5 bar and uses surgical-grade 316L stainless steel with sapphire crystal and anti-reflection coating for optimal readability.
    Gavox personalized this sturdy Miyota movement by fitting a custom rotor and a custom date disc.

All Legacy models are produced in limited series, are tested to 5 bar of water-resistance, and can be purchased on a broad range of straps such as:

• Genuine calf leather with "alligator grain"
    • Oiled calf leather
    • Nato nylon strap (breathable, tear-proof and machine-washable)
    • Padded Canvas and leather

Full specifications of the Legacy collection:

Movement :
    A Japanese movement from Miyota, caliber 8218 or 8219 depending on the model, 21 jewel count, autonomy of 38 hours, accuracy of - 1h15 to + 2h30 per year. Each watch has been individually fine-tuned. The movement is personalized with a custom date disc and rotor.

Functions :
    Sweep hours, minutes and seconds, date and 24h counter.

Case :
    Polished and brushed stainless steel case made of surgical 316L steel, case size, Ø 41 x 50 x 11.5 mm, crown at 2 O'clock. For the aviator model, the case and dial are in black PVD.

Case back :
    Screw case back in stainless steel with view through crystal.

Dial :
    Silvery off-white dial, etched metal, blue steel hands. For the aviator model, the dial is black and the hands are black PVD brushed with luminescent paint.

Crystal :
    One layer anti-reflective, scratch resistant sapphire crystal.

Water resistance :
    Water resistance (ISO 2281) 5 bar (50 m / 199 ft, static).

Warranty :
    Limited warranty 24 months.
    About GAVOX

GAVOX is a registered trademark of Time2Give.be, and all GAVOX wrist instruments are distributed in exclusivity by Time2Give of Belgium.

Gavox watches are available in these 5 bricks and mortar stores.

Belgium :
    • "Auguste" Rue du commerce 17, 1300 Wavre
    • "Joaillerie Vincent Nuyt" Avenue de Merode 38, 1330 Rixensart
    • "Woodside" Route de Genval 32, 1380 Ohain

Norway :

Hong Kong :

• "Lab Collector" Kowloon Bay, East Kowloon, Hong Kong.

All GAVOX watches are covered by a limited warranty for a period of 2 years, in accordance with laws of the European Union.
    For more info about GAVOX please check our website www.gavox.com
    Gavox watches can be purchased on the official webshop www.time2give.be
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; November 3rd, 2013 at 16:49.
    brrrdn likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Re: Gavox launches their first ever automatic watch!

Love the dials.....Very nice....IMHO
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Thread Information